Booking.com Guest Address

Post here if you cannot find a better category
quillan

For some time now we have not recieved the postal address from guests booking via Booking.com. I mentioned we didn't have a persons address and they told me that they had definitely entered it. (we do get all the other details, phone, name, email etc.) I went to the Booking.com website and there was no address for this person there either. What I would like to know is it possible for the Beds24 software to 'delete' or 'edit' the postal address on the Booking.com website when it interogates it for a new booking etc? We have continuously not had the addresses for about a month which is rather odd, I would have expected at least one.
markkinchin
Site Admin

Beds24 does not modify or delete any booking information at booking.com.

As soon as a booking is made at booking.com they send us a push notification and we retrieve and import the booking information using an XML interface.
We only have read access to the booking information, we cannot change it on their servers.

If there is information missing it is worth asking your booking.com rep if they can do anything to have it collected and included in the XML.
Epicea_old

I think your guests are confused about what they entered, it's understandable as that's clearly the intention of booking.com

booking.com are trying to convince the guests that they're offering free cancellations and obligation free bookings. They're facilitating that by not validating credit card details or, by default, collecting address details. Basically, if a non-guest wants they can make a booking with a made up name, burner email address and a made up c/card.

They have made an innovation recently that is probably the cause of your problem. Login to your booking.com owner site and under setting you'll find "I don’t require guests to provide their address details" which I think will be ticked.

Untick it :D

We're so fed up with them that we've unticked it and we now routinely take deposits on booking.com reservations. At the very, very least you have to validate the credit card at the time of booking.

You'll see more of these desperate tactics by booking.com I think, the game could well be up for them, the price guarantees are being struck out in every jurisdiction they're challenged in so they must see trouble ahead.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-08-16 at 21.12.24.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-08-16 at 21.12.24.jpg (19.53 KiB) Viewed 2203 times