New Booking proforma

News and new feature announcements
cloudside

Is there yet another format revision for new bookings as of today, April 24th? Why has it changed again? It now takes more steps than it used to - it was best when all of the most basic guest info fields were on the same tab. Now it's become more arduous to complete, so has less effective functionality. For eg, why isn't email alongside other basic contact info? To us, it seems like the system is changing to suit the system, not the user base. But maybe there's a good explanation I am just missing - I checked to see if you had posted a rationale, but I can't see any announcement. I'd love to know your thinking. Have you ever thought of asking your user community how they would like it designed?
markkinchin
Site Admin

The rational for starting with the price wizard tab is to make it easier to calculate a price for the new booking from your rates and to easily add any upsell items to the booking.
Then with a click on "Continue" you are in the normal booking form with all those fields pre-populated.

We have had many requests for a better way to calculate the price when adding new bookings but I take your point that this is not going to be an improvement for everyone.
There is now a setting in ACCOUNT >> PREFERENCES called "Add New Bookings" which will allow you to switch back to the original behavouir.
There is also a notice on the new booking page informing everyone they can switch back.

This is the perfect place to discuss ways to make adding bookings easier and more efficient, please share any ideas you have.

Another function for adding bookings we have recently added is the ability to upload a CSV file with bookings via www.beds24.com/api
markkinchin
Site Admin

ps I just added email and phone fields to the new price wizard booking form. It now has fields for the guest name, email, phone as well as everything required to calculate a price.