Post Code in address

Suggestions and ideas to make Beds24.com better
moresby

It would be handy to have a postcode box in the address section. Some guests enter details well others are lazy and put the bare minimum.

If there was a box it could be an option of the premises to say if it is compulsary to complete.

Better still if it was a Postcode look up to complete the address accuratly it would benefit the guest (save typing full address) and the property by having accurate data to work with. I know that beds 24 is not just a UK site but I would have thought it could be done if one of the questions was, which country. Of course the country of origin is also in web IP stats. There may also be a worldwide postcode look up database somewhere?
markkinchin
Site Admin

We are working on a new booking page which among other things will include customisable fields (both compulsory and optional) for the guest to fill in.
This will allow you to fine tune the information you collect from the guest. Presently we are estimating the end of July 2012 for this to be ready.

I am open to including a postcode lookup system if we can find a suitable global database, if anyone knows of one please let me know.
It would need to be global or at least cover most English speaking and European countries.
moresby

Hi Mark
Would this be any good for this http://www.tabcat.co.uk/ it says it is free, but I dont know the coverage

Regards
David
markkinchin
Site Admin

It looks interesting but seems to be UK only.
markkinchin
Site Admin

This ldata ooks really good, covers many countries and seems accurate from the few quick tests I made.
Now the question, what exactly can we do with this data? I am open to suggestions how best to incorporate it into beds24.
adeng-adeng

It could be used to assist the customer by suggesting a postcode, or assisting the hotel with fraud control, issue a warning if address and postcode does not add up.