Strategy Option (Rates)

Suggestions and ideas to make Beds24.com better
quillan

Currently this can be set to allow or not allow lower prices.

I (well Mark actually when he showed me how to set this up) have the high rate for the whole year with the option set to 'Allow Lower Prices'. This can then be overridden by creating new rates with lower prices when out of season.

We only have higher prices for Easter and the summer holidays. It would therefore be easier to do the reverse and have the lower prices throughout the whole year then enter the two periods for higher rates. This would mean not having at least one lower rate being set and make it easier to follow when changing your rate dates each year. This would therefore require an extra 'Strategy' option of 'Allow Higher Prices'. Is this possible and would it have any unseen impact on the system?
markkinchin
Site Admin

You can add a high rate for Easter and other periods by using the start and end dates to set the period and set the rate strategy to "Do not allow lower prices".
This means your high rate will not allow any lower priced rates while it is valid.
You can even have multiple overlapping "Do not allow lower prices" rates and the system will find and offer the highest priced one valid for the dates being booked.

So in summary, change your normal rate to be your standard low price and use rates with "Do not allow lower prices" whenever you want to raise the price.
quillan

Thanks Mark, what do I set the low rate to for the whole of the year?

Edit

I mean for the Strategy Option.
markkinchin
Site Admin

It will work with either "Allow lower prices" or "Do not allow Lower Prices" strategy because if it is your lowest price there will be nothing lower anyway.

If you choose the first option you will still have the ability to create even lower prices for special rates or periods if you wish.
If you choose the second option this will force a price floor and you wont be able to create a lower price at all.*

* There is an exception, it is possible to set a booking rule strategy for daily prices as entered in the calendar view to override all rates when a daily price exists.
quillan

Tried that didn't work because of daily and weekly rates. The weekly rate always seems to override the day rate which means people can only book a week (or 7 nights to be correct). I will have the same problem for "Half Board" discount for 3 nights or more so once fixed it will work for that as well. I have raised a ticket and left a message on your answerphone to call me, it was quicker to fix last time over the phone. It is probably something simple and I have followed your instructions.
markkinchin
Site Admin

I can see now that you have two rates for each period, the daily rate and the weekly rate. (specificly for booking.com updates)
This makes pretty much everything I wrote earlier in this thread bad advice.
The problem with the "Do not Allow Lower Prices strategy" in your case is that if you apply it to the daily price it will block the lower weekly price.

I think it is best to go back to the standard "Allow lower prices strategy" for all rates.
Set a rate for the whole year at your highest price and create lower rates for the seasons that need them.
At least this way the logic will work correctly.