Booking Confirmation

Topics related to bookings and guest managment
annedawn

I wondered if I am able to alter the automated booking confirmation email which is sent from [email protected] to the customer?I wanted to use our own email and also I would like to split up the listed details of the booking to make it a little more readable. I know I am able to set up an email template in the back end bookings admin but I don't think this is the same email template as the automated one. Thanks
Annette

Hi, You can change the sender of the booking confirmation to your e-mail address. Log into your account, click on "Admin" then "Notifications" and change the settings there. Further down on the page you can also customise the text your guests receive.
amberbb

At
https://www.beds24.com/control.php
Properties>> Booking Rules>> Information To Show The Guest Before Booking
there is a field (added about 14 months ago) called "English Booking Instruction".
The pop-up help text suggests:
"This message will be displayed to the guest on the screen along with your availability.

Use this message to personalise your availability display or give instructions to the guest relating to booking."

We have populated it with this text: "All quoted prices are for cash and include all applicable taxes, levies and service charges.

Many folks sensibly reserve their stay by giving us VISA or MasterCard details and then avoid the card surcharge of 10% by paying in cash when they arrive at Amber House..."

However, this message is NOT being placed at the bottom of the availability table, as this screen shot shows:
beds24.comBookingScreen2012-3-23.jpg
beds24.comBookingScreen2012-3-23.jpg (204.37 KiB) Viewed 5155 times
Amber House Limited trading as AMBER HOUSE - at the centre!™
Mobile: +64 21 202 4961
Phone: +64 3 539 0605
Fax: +44 70 05 96 34 37
http://www.AmberHouse.co.nz
Amber House, 46 Weka Street, Nelson 7010, New Zealand
markkinchin
Site Admin

The booking instruction text is appearing again now.
There was a problem with the English language text not being pulled from the database correctly but that is now fixed.
amberbb

markkinchin wrote:...text is appearing again now. ...English language text not being pulled from the database correctly but that is now fixed.
Confirmed that this now works for us.

Thanks for the (usual) lightning fix!
wizzer

The field "information to show guests before booking" - doesn't appear to be available to me!
Has this been removed / moved?
amberbb

wizzer wrote:The field "information to show guests before booking" - doesn't appear to be available to me!
Has this been removed / moved?
It's still in the same place in the Old Control Panel.

In the New Control Panel, it's found at Settings > Booking Page.

You need to place your mouse cursor on the "Booking Page" title itself (which will have a green background) and click.
This field is then the second one down, entitled: "Booking Instruction"
(I don't think the field is being automatically populated with any old text...)
wizzer

Ah ha!! Thanks very much. I saw the green sub-menus but clicking the title itself opened other items I couldn't previously see.
amberbb

wizzer wrote:Ah ha!! Thanks very much. I saw the green sub-menus but clicking the title itself opened other items I couldn't previously see.
Yes, I think from a user interface design perspective this is not ideal.

I would prefer for plus and minus to be in the expand/contract boxes and for the whole grey bar to be clickable rather than just the lettering.

The other thing that is counter-intuitive is the different behaviours between clicking on the "plus box" of "Booking Page" and clicking on the actual lettering of "Booking Page".

Glad to be of assistance...