Separate Villa into diff.rooms

Availability and inventory control
retopeter

I have 3 problems:
1st is when i separate the rooms of my villa into 5 separate rooms ( 5 room types, 1 of the rooms is available 2 times), and also wanna be able to sell the whole villa, I did exactly what was in the FAQ:
***********************************************************************************************
Example 1: A holiday house consits of three separately bookable apartments (Apartment1, Apartment2 and Apartment3) and can be rented in full. To set this up you will need four rooms in SETTINGS -> ROOMS:
House
Apartment1
Apartment2
Apartment3
Dependencies work in both directions - to be available the larger unit needs the smaller unit to be available. To achieve this set following dependencies in SETTINGS -> ROOMS -> SETUP Dependencies:
House - Requires Availability in: Apartment1 and Apartment2 and Apartment3
Apartment1 - Requires Availability in: House
Apartment2 - Requires Availability in: House
Apartment3 - Requires Availability in: House

Dependency Level: Ignore Sub Dependencies (this is the default) - for all rooms
Combination Logic: All rooms must be available - for all rooms (this is the default) for all rooms
***********************************************************************************************

The difference what i have, is that one room is available 2 times, all other rooms are only available 1 time.
It means, that when i book the room -which i have 2 of them- then the whole villa can still be booked, which is wrong.
How to solve that?

The 2nd problem is:
The maximum number of guests should be 17 people...But the customer can select 34. how can I get rid of that?

The 3rdproblem is:
When i select the Multiple Booking option, then the room -which i have 2 times. is only possible to select 0 and 1

At the moment I changed the room which i have 2 of them. I just made a copy....This solves problem 1, but problem 2 & 3 still there

What can I do to solve them all?

regards Reto
markkinchin
Site Admin

1) Your solution to problem one is correct, if both rooms need to be available then they need to be defined as two separate rooms rather than one room type with a quantity of two.

2) There is a new setting in SETTINGS >> BOOKING PAGE >> ADVANCED which lets you set the maximum selectable people on the booking page.
The default is to allow up to your property capacity but this can now be over-riden, especially usefull in cases like this when not all rooms are bookable at the same time.

3) I think solution (1) makes this irelevant? The two separate rooms have a quantity of one.