Facelift for the Beds24 Control Panel

News and new feature announcements
annettemorgenroth

We have given been working on a facelift for the control panel which is now released in open beta.

How to access the new control panel
When you go to SETTINGS->ACCOUNT ->PREFERENCES you will see a new setting „Control Panel“ in SETTINGS->ACCOUNT ->PREFERENCES. Set to „New Control Panel“ to change.  

For sub accounts you can set if they see the old (default) the new or if they can choose themselves. In the new control panel click on the „User Icon“ -> „Account Management „ (or SUB ACCOUNT in the old control panel) to adjust if you want your sub accounts to have the new control panel or allow them to choose.

What has changed?
In the first step we have made a visual upgrade to the look and improved the navigation.
  • Better mobile navigation
  • Navigation on the left  is collapsible. It opens via the settings icon on the left
  • New "Messages" menu for API messages
  • New "User" menu which ccessible via the user icon in the top right corner
  • Sub accounts was renamed to "Account Management"
  • Price checker is now on every page
  • The context help opens via the ? icon on the right
  • All support functions are centralized under "Support"
  • "Guests" menu was moved to "Bookings"
New default colors are
New Booking #fe746c   
Request Booking #7bcbed   
Confirmed Booking #019cde   
Cancelled Booking #c7c7c7   
Rates #7aab0a

To change the default colors go to SETTINGS (left menu)->ACCOUNT->PREFERENCES „Highlight Colours“.

Possible issues
* Custom CSS for the control panel will need updating. We recommend you comment it out or remove it. If you want to add custom CSS specifically for the new control panel you can do this by targeting the class .controlpanel3

Next steps
Going forward we are planning to exchange several existing pages with new ones which will have better usability and mobile functionality.

We have thoroughly tested but if you see any problems please let us know so we can fix them.
annettemorgenroth

To improve usability we have grouped all price related functions under the menu PRICES in the top which replaces "Rates". This menu contains following sub pages:
  • DAILY PRICES - a new compact view of the CALENDAR where daily prices can be entered. Prices entered there will be automatically populated in the CALENDAR.
  • RATES - with the list view and calendar view of all rates.
  • CHANNEL MAPPING - a list of all daily prices and rates which are activated for channel management.
  • DAILY PRICE SETUP - moved from SETTINGS->PROPERTIES->ROOMS->DAILY PRICES.
  • YIELD OPTIMIZER - moved from SETTINGS->YIELD OPTIMIZER.
We will beta test this change in the new control panel and the apply it to the old control panel as well.
cmartinpage

A couple of things I have noticed that don't seem to work correctly on the new dashboard:

1. I have 2 custom reports that I want to sort by date. Clicking on the column heading for dates no longer works. Clicking on other columns will sort OK, for example alphabetically or numerically, but clicking on a date column seems to re-order in a completely random way.

2.The Calendar view will only display a maximum of 2 months even when set to show 6 months.
sistach_rentals

beds24.com/control3.php?pagetype=bookingsgrid, when 1 month selected (which is also the maximum for the grid display for the Old Panel), only shows approx. half the month, and the overflow can't be scrolled to the right (as was the case with the Old Panel).
cmartinpage

It would be very helpful if the top menu in the calendar view did not disappear to the right when scrolling through the months
annettemorgenroth

beds24.com/control3.php?pagetype=bookingsgrid, when 1 month selected (which is also the maximum for the grid display for the Old Panel), only shows approx. half the month, and the overflow can't be scrolled to the right (as was the case with the Old Panel).
Thank you for pointing this out. The table is now scrollable.
zagrebpoint

Are you aware of the problems in navigation on new control panel on the mobile phones.
It is almost not usable.
The problem i see is with the icons for dashboard, calendar, more and settings that are not groped together when calendar view is active.
When clicking on more it opens a blank page and you have to scroll up and search for the options that are not visible imideately.

I can try to send you a video of what i see if you do not see those problems.
lesleywoermeijer

I have checked the new control panel on mobile this morning and do not see any issues, can you create a support ticket and attach a video so we can understand the issues.
zagrebpoint

I will do that.
But How can I attach the video to the ticket?
There is no option to attach anything to the tickets.