Voluntary overbooking

Topics related to bookings and guest managment
sas.mgbh

Hello,

I have a booking of a person who will not come. I would like to be able to rent the room again over the same period, but I can't change the inventory from zero to one in the calendar.

How do I open the room while keeping the booking of the original person in the calendar so that it will appear in the reports?

Thank you
annettemorgenroth

This is a direct booking right? You need to change the status of the booking to "Cancelled". This will open the dates.

If the booking is from a channel you or the guest will need to cancel at the channel and the channel will then send the cancellation to Beds24.
sas.mgbh

Hello,

no, this is a channel booking (Booking.com).

I do not want to cancel it : if I do, it will disapear from the calendar and the reports.

I just want the possibility to have an inventory of 2 for this unit for these dates, so I can rent it twice.

What is the best solution for this?
annettemorgenroth

If the booking is active the room will remain blocked. You can not sell more rooms than your total number of rooms minus the bookings you have.
sas.mgbh

Hello,

is there a mechanism that would allow me to mark the booking as "cancelled" but having the revenues taken into account in the "reports" (but of course without taking into account the really cancelled other bookings) ?

If not, could you make add a mechanism?

Thank you
lesleywoermeijer

When you have a channel booking that is cancelled, usually they update the charges & payments = 0.

Therefore if you have a booking that you mark as 'Cancelled' then the charges should remain in the booking, these will be taken into account if you have your reports set Include Cancelled bookings = Yes.

We have recently implemented a Sub Status in the bookings (next to status), this can be used for reporting (Custom reports) and auto actions.
annettemorgenroth

You can set this in the reports:

In REPORTS > STANDARD REPORTS there is a setting "Include Cancelled Bookings"

In the REPORTS > CUSTOM REPORTS you can set "Status" = All
sas.mgbh

Thank you, but if I have some cancelled bookings that have been really cancelled, they will also appear.
annettemorgenroth

It is technically not possilbe to include some cancelled booking in reports and others not. You will need to manage this manually.