Please move checkbox for "add extra" on payment screen

Suggestions and ideas to make Beds24.com better
stonelion

I'm sorry, I have enough to do without having to write the javascript and CSS to fix the issues with your new design.

I also don't think the answer is to ask every customer to fix it. Most are not going to be developers like me and they can't fix it themselves.

It's silly to have the title wrapping on mobile and it doesn't look good. The change to fix it on your end no more than 10 minutes of work for you.

What you came up with is 95% awesome. You did great. Now if you could make the little change I recommended it would be 100% awesome and your customers will all thank you!
annettemorgenroth

By "Title" you mean the name of the extra? Weather this wraps or not depends on the length of the text you use. If you do not want it to wrap on a mobile (which it automatically will if it is to long to ft in the space) you have two options:

1. Choose a short text
2. Use a smaller font. You can set the font size in SETTINGS-BOOKING PAGE-STYLE
3. Use custom CSS to use a smaller font on mobiles.
stonelion

I attached a photo. When you look at the two designs side by side which do you find more pleasing to the eye? Which of the two designs is more intuitive to use?

I prefer the "Add to room" button over the checkbox. It would be a matter of adding javascript to the button to cause the item to be added to the purchase. The button should then toggle to say "remove" after the item has been selected.

Selecting the button a second time would remove the item from the purchase.

I realize adding the button is more work but keep in mind the goal is to make it as simple as possible for people to understand how they add the item during the check out process.

If you can't add the button and want to stay with the checkbox, at the bare minimum please at least move the price and the checkbox to the bottom as shown in "proposed"

Moving the price and checkbox to the bottom would allow the title on top to use the full width. The title may still wrap but it looks much better than the current design.
Attachments
beds24.jpg
beds24.jpg (37.11 KiB) Viewed 4358 times
stonelion

Oh...a suggestion. The easiest way to implement the "add to room" button is to keep the form field for the checkbox but make it a hidden field. Clicking the "add to room" button would update (via javascript) the value of the hidden field to show that the person selected the item. That way you don't have to change all of the logic that runs after the form is submitted. You're just changing what the user sees on the screen.
stonelion

Hi Annette,

It's been a bit over a week. Just following up to see if you saw my last couple of replies?
markkinchin
Site Admin

stonelion wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:23 pm
I prefer the "Add to room" button over the checkbox. It would be a matter of adding javascript to the button to cause the item to be added to the purchase. The button should then toggle to say "remove" after the item has been selected.
We are evaluating the feasibility of adding this suggestion into the design.
stonelion

Its been a couple months. Just checking in to see if you were able to implement the last requested change? Once it is done I'd like to transition from my current reservation provider over to beds24 and use your service.
stonelion

Bump. Any news?
stonelion

Maybe one day I'll be able to become a customer of beds24. :) For now, until this feature is completed and functions in a quality way, there is no incentive for me to move from reservationkey to beds24. Upselling is a huge revenue opportunity and the features providing that function really need to be very intuitive and easy for people to use. Your so close! A few small changes and you will have nailed it!
stonelion

Checking in again. Has any more work been done on this?