attach "Booking template" or "Invoice" to confirmation email ?

Topics related to bookings and guest managment
somn'en bulle

Hello,
I looked around and could not find either :
- a way to attach the "booking template" or "invoice" pdf attachment to the standart confirmation email
or
- NOT send the confirmaion email and rather rely on "Auto action" instead.

I would like ultimatly to send only one email with my booking template 1 attached.
I know you are gonna say that channel manager might block attachment but in this case it would be for gift voucher ONLY sold on my website (and the booking template create a really nice custom pdf that people can print and offer). My only tiny probleme is that i can only achieve that by sending two seperate emails.

Cheers
annettemorgenroth

Confirmation messages:
You can not deactivate the standard confirmation message for direct online bookings but you can fully customise it in Settings > Guest Management > Confirmation Messages. The messages are constructed from various parts so you can have full control over the conent.

You can not use attachments in the confirmation message but you have the option to add a link to a pdf which you upload to your web site.

For instructons on how to customise click on HELP in the top right of Settings > Guest Management > Confirmation Messages.

Auto Action Emails
Have a look here: https://wiki.beds24.com/index.php/Auto_ ... ttachments
for information on how send attachments via Auto Actions:
somn'en bulle

Ok thanks for your answer.
I just wanted to make sure i didn't miss something :)
I'll just two mails then (wich is honestly not the end of the world)

PS : I can't use a link to a pdf as the pdf is different for each customer. I use [variables] to make it unique and have the gift code.

By the way, what's the difference between [BOOKID] and [REFERENCENUMBER] ? They both print the same number i wasn't sure wich one to use.

Edit : another question, does the pdf generator only support Times or am i missing something ? (again, super not important question)
annettemorgenroth

[BOOKID] and [REFERENCENUMBER] both return the booking number.

The pdf should be generated in the font you are using for the template. If you see problems please send a support ticket with the booking number so we can have a look.
somn'en bulle

starkesangebot

It is possible to send a link to a personalized pdf in the confirmation email. For example i send a link to the invoice with my confirmation email.

I use an additonal Auto-Actions for that, but only the confirmation email is to the guest.

Auto-Action
The Auto-Action sends an email with an attachment (in my case the invoice) to my personal email (not to the guest). Using flows from microsoft or IFFT you can automaticly upload this attachment to your website (FTP-Server).

Confirmation E-Mail
In the Confirmation E-Mail i include the following link:
www.mywebiste.com/Invoices/Invoice_[BookingID].pdf
annettemorgenroth

It is possible to send a link to a personalized pdf in the confirmation email.
You can choose a booking template as a PDF file to emails sent by Auto Actions. The booking template can be customises with template variables which will populate the document with information from the booking. Go to Settings > Guest Management > Booking Templates to set your booking template up.

This help document lists all available template variables: https://wiki.beds24.com/index.php?title ... _Variables