Please move checkbox for "add extra" on payment screen

Suggestions and ideas to make Beds24.com better
annettemorgenroth

stonelion wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:22 pm
Can you tell me please where this task currently stands? Is it currently being worked on or is it just on a list somewhere?
It is currently being worked on.
stonelion

I had paid some money to use beds24 while I was customizing beds24 and getting ready to switch over to beds24. When I ran into the issue I described in this post I decided I would not use beds24 until this issue was fixed.

I log into beds24 from time to time to see if it has been fixed because if it has then I will switch over to using beds24 and drop my current system.

My question is....when I logged in today it says my account balance was a negative dollar amount. I don't want to keep accruing charges, which I won't pay anyway since I'm not using beds24 yet. Is there some way to stop accruing charges but keep the account active? I invested probably 40 hours or more setting stuff up on beds24 in preparation for eventually using beds24. I don't want my account to disappear and lose all of my work -- but at the same time I'm not going to pay for a service I'm not using. What do you recommend?
annettemorgenroth

We have release the new version of the check-out page for beta testing. To activate it go to SETTINGS-BOOKING PAGE and set "Check-out Page Version" = Responsive.
stonelion

I don't think I can. My account has a negative balance because I've been holding off paying any more for beds24 until this feature is implemented. It doesn't look like I can get to the dashboard to make the change. Is there a demo set up somwhere where I could see it?
annettemorgenroth

You can test the nes screen here: https://www.beds24.com/booking2.php?propid=13434
stonelion

Annette,

Thank you so much for implementing this! It's greatly improved over the old version and will make a big difference in the number of people who purchase add-ons when they book. Overall it looks great. I have one small change request for the mobile version.

Below is your current design in mobile. On the mobile screen the title wraps and the description text is narrow because of the 2 columns.
current.jpg
current.jpg (33.6 KiB) Viewed 3836 times

Below is a screen shot on the same size mobile device. On mobile, the price moves down underneath the description which allows the title and the description to span the full width of the display. I think this makes for a nicer (cleaner) experience for the user. If you could move the price down under your description (for mobile) I think it would display nicer.
proposed.jpg
proposed.jpg (64.52 KiB) Viewed 3836 times
Also, they display an "Add to room" button for selecting the item. I like that better than the checkbox. When "Add to room" is clicked it selects the item and the button toggles to display "remove" so that the guest can change their mind. If you decided to go with the button, it should be relatively easy to add an ajax call that runs when the button is clicked and adds the item to the cart.

Below shows how they handle the display when a quantity needs to be selected:
Attachments
selector.jpg
selector.jpg (62.63 KiB) Viewed 3836 times
stonelion

Do you have a demo of the same screen but with credit card payment options? I am curious if there is a confirmation screen displayed that shows everything before the card is actually run.
annettemorgenroth

This is how it look with credit card collection: http://recordit.co/WDfUSxSP1y
stonelion

Hello,

I was just following-up to find out of the CSS changes to move the pricing and adjust the mobile formatting is something you think you will be doing? I think it would display a lot nicer and be more intuitive for people.

Thank you!
annettemorgenroth

I was just following-up to find out of the CSS changes to move the pricing and adjust the mobile formatting is something you think you will be doing? I think it would display a lot nicer and be more intuitive for people.
We have modernized the look of the check out screen and added new features.
  • Upsell items can show a picture, a headline and a descriptive text. To add or change extras go to SETTINGS -> PROPERTIES -> UPSELL ITEMS
Modern look and better mobile support
Click here for an example: https://www.beds24.com/booking2.php?propid=13434

If you want to use the new version of the check out page, change SETTINGS -> BOOKING PAGE "Check-out Page Version" = Responsive.

If you want to apply your own CSS you can use developer tools to identify the classes and add your CSS in SETTINGS -> BOOKING PAGE -> DEVELOPERS-

This help page: https://wiki.beds24.com/index.php/Custom_CSS gives some commonly used custom CSS.