Guest name and address changes to deleted guest name

Topics related to bookings and guest managment
mgrimes

I have a problem where when I open a booking the name of the guest, their address, in fact all the details of the booking changes to that of a guest who made a booking months ago and cancelled. If I don't make sure it hasn't changed when I save the booking it overwrites all the correct details. I have removed all trace, I think, of the guest in my guest database, cleared cookies but it still keeps occurring. This happens all the time after I sleep my computer and wake it up. The only way to stop it happening is to log out and log in again. How can I prevent this please?

Mike.
markkinchin
Site Admin

It sounds like your browser is pre filling form data automatically.

Try using a different browser, if that works, clear all history in your main browser.
mgrimes

Hi Mark,

I found the problem. I had thought that it was my browser and had tried various things but in the end it was my password manager Lastpass was filling certain fields. How it started to do it I don't know. I thought it was a database problem hence my request for help. Thanks for your time.

Mike.
markkinchin
Site Admin

I am glad you found the solution, perhaps this can help others in the future if they have the same problem