Google commission ads

News and new feature announcements
the-green-house

Please could you post some more information about how to set this up?
Thanks, :) Ruth
annettemorgenroth

You will find information on how it works what you need to do to place ads in our Google hotel ads help which opens when you go to SETTINGS-CHANNEL MANAGER GOOGLE HOTEL ADS and then click on HELP in the top right of the page.
markkinchin
Site Admin

A brief summary of the functionality is as follows:

1) Set your standard room or rooms to Notify in the channel manager settings. The price comparison at Google is based on one room type only so generally use your most economical rooms.

2) Set the commission you are prepared to bid. This is payable immediately upon booking and will be deducted from your Beds24 account.

3) Check your booking landing page, make sure it has enough descriptive information and is convincing as your direct booking page.

4) Make sure you have enough credit in your account to cover the commission on the highest value booking you expect, You will see the highest value booking allowed in the channel manager settings, your Google Ad will not show if the guest is searching for a booking value higher than this.

5) Wait for Google to match your Beds24 property with your Google business listing (can take a week)

6) After a week or two of being live, review the weekly report. Use the statistics showing how competitive your bid was and your average Ad position to optimise your commission bid up or down.
buckinghamhouse

In terms of reviewing the weekly statistics report, when I click that item in the settings section I get a list of terminology and the definitions. Where exactly do you see the data and statistics? I can see on my booking log page that there have been views of my google ads page (no bookings yet, but did expect to see data). Thanks
markkinchin
Site Admin

The statistics in the report get updated by Google once per week with the results for the previous week so it can take a week or two of being connected before anything appears.

Once it does you will see a column with results for each week in the report.
buckinghamhouse

Is there something wrong with the Google Hotel Ads report? It did finally show up, but now it hasn't provided a new report since August 19th although I can see from the booking log page I'm getting hits from this channel.
markkinchin
Site Admin

Google had a technical issue last week which may have affected the weekly report, it should be good again next week.