[INVOICEUPSELL0]

Suggestions and ideas to make Beds24.com better
julaan

Hello Community and/or Support,

we are using a customized invoice layout for different reasons. Unfortunately we have issues with the [INVOICEUPSELL0]
variable; specifically because of "base price without upsell items or other charges added later".

Sometimes we have to add upsell0 items later on. Is there a workaround for this?
If not, we would like to ask for a variable that shows upsell0 even if it is added later.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best wishes
Toni
lesleywoermeijer

Hello Toni,

There are various Template Variables that will include the Upsell Items irrespective of when the Upsell item is added to your Invoice.

When you go to the wiki page for Template Variables you can see various variables that you can use :- https://wiki.beds24.com/index.php/Template_Variables

Including :-
[INVOICEUPSELL1] - value of upsell item 1 (number can be between 0 to 20)
[UPSELLTABLE] - table with all upsell items
julaan

Hello Lesley,

unfortunately this is not the case.
[INVOICEUPSELL0] only shows, when it is generated through regular booking.
If you add Upsell0 items later, they are not included when using [INVOICEUPSELL0].

I don't know if this has a purpose or if it is a bug.

Best wishes,
Toni
lesleywoermeijer

Hello Toni,

Can you create a support ticket so we can check your setup and solution.
julaan

Hello Lesley,

thank you very much for your help. I've already created a support ticket (latest ticket) concerning this issue.
Conclusio: We should either change our workflow* or use one of the invoicetable variables; unfortunately we don't like the layout of these and they cannot be changed.

*Sometimes we have booking inquiries for large groups. first we set the room availability to 0 (zero) for this time period to prevent overbookings. Then we use the price-checker-module to create said group bookings. but since there are no availabilities the price appears as "-1" in the price-checker; respectively "0" in [INVOICEUPSELL0]. We then add upsell0 to the bookings manually.

Best wishes,
Toni
julaan

I guess thats a dead end. :(
annettemorgenroth

The solution is you change your workflow meaning you open the room before you add the booking.
julaan

We sometimes have bookings with 20+ persons. Since we have to book each room separately ("Preis-Checker" module), there is a big chance some other bookings intervene. We have actually lost such a group booking, because we couldn't finish the booking process in time and the group wanted to stay together. Changing the room availability is much faster.
So the only solution is to open and book each room successively while hoping no other booking comes in?

Why doesn't upsell0 add to an invoice if it is added post-booking? Is there a purpose?
I'd like to request this feature. I'm open for an explanation if this is not possible.

Best wishes,
Toni
annettemorgenroth

Why doesn't upsell0 add to an invoice if it is added post-booking?
This is due to technical reasons of how our booking process works.