Prices Rounding

markkinchin
Site Admin

The setting Settings > Account > Price Decimal Places = 0 is primarily intended for currencies that do not use any cents, like YEN or IDR.

Settings > Properties > Booking Rules > "Price Rounding" might be more appropriate
sistachrentals

Hi Mark, you were right, taking the decimals off doesn't solve this as then my calculation of city tax (0.99€ per night) are not correct, but rounded up. I was thinking more of something similar to Booking Page > Page Design > Booking Page Price Multiplier, where there could be an option to add rounding up or down for the booking page, i.e. for the total room price.

The reason rounding up of the price per night doesn't work for me, is that if I round the nightly price to the nearest integer, it can end up taking off or adding up a lot of money to the total price.
The obvious solution to this, I understand is to introduce round values for nightly price, but sometimes it just doesn't respond to the reality (the prices are agreed in weeks).
markkinchin
Site Admin

sistachrentals wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:09 am
The reason rounding up of the price per night doesn't work for me, is that if I round the nightly price to the nearest integer, it can end up taking off or adding up a lot of money to the total price.
The obvious solution to this, I understand is to introduce round values for nightly price, but sometimes it just doesn't respond to the reality (the prices are agreed in weeks).
Can you use weekly prices that are divisible by 7 so the effective daily price is also a round number?
sistachrentals

Not really, because it's the price agreed with the owner. I sometimes create weekly prices only for the booking page, but that doubles the work (and the possibility to make a mistake). It's not a big deal though, just thought to ask in case it was possible to do it somehow, and I wasn't aware of it.