Homeaway/TripAdvisor

[email protected]

I have been trying to get an XML connection with TripAdvisor and Homeaway for over 2 months. I have followed the instructions in Beds24 and emailled TA and Homeaway. They both eventually called me but then I never received any follow up. They are impossible to get hold of on the phone.

Are Beds24 able to assist and contact them on our behalf to speed up the process?
annettemorgenroth

Sorry we can not help you with this. Please make sure you to go through the contacts/links we provide on our Homeaway XML and Tripadvisor Rentals help pages. These will directly go to the right departments.
[email protected]

I have been emailling TA and HA since joining BEds24. Both times I received an initial phone call and was told I would be contacted again to set up my connection. They seem like impossible companies to deal with.

Is there any chance you could contact them on our behalf, or perhaps notify them that you have clients who are not being followed up? At the end of the day Beds24 wont generate revenue if clients cannot get connected to these channels.
annettemorgenroth

Is there any chance you could contact them on our behalf
Sorry no. You need to do this directly.

Please send another Email to [email protected] and another message via https://www.homeaway.co.uk/info/property-managers in which you mention the number of listings you have/will have. Both Homeaway and Tripadvisor Rentals allow only property managers with five or more listings to use their API.
tauruss

It took around 3 weeks for TA to enable XML connection for my account.
Homeaway is terrible. It's been 2 months since my initial request and still no results. Their support is the worst of all other OTAs.
Here is the reply i got from their "support" after almost 2 months of silence:
Hello,
I spoke with the North America partner success team about your integration request.
Since you are using Euros, we had to send your request to our UK team.
They usually take a few weeks to reply to new requests.
I have someone reaching out to them and asking to get back to you as soon as possible.
Thank you for your continued patience.
Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Best wishes,
Daniel
[email protected]

I have finally managed to get connected to HomeAway although I am awaiting my first booking. I did a test booking and received an Expedia Virtual card to process the payment, however when I queried this with HomeAway they told me I would receive the guests credit card details which I would need to charge. The onboarding team themselves seem to know little about it.

Can anyone who is using Homeaway with Beds24 please confirm if they send a virtual credit card, or if the guests actual card is sent for processing.

Thanks
tauruss

I am using Homeaway but they collect payments for me (something like AirBNB does).
sistachrentals

Hi, I am in Spain and we are integrated through xml with Homeaway. In case of credit card payments, they send the credit card details directly to beds24 and then you should charge the client (like you would with booking.com). If the client chooses bank transfer, they send the text you specify in Channel manager > homeaway xml, so you should send the client your iban etc. so that they can transfer you the money.
It is really strange, the way Homeaway works.. they do send quiet a lot of clients, at least here, so it's worth it. But the logic in most cases is completely different to any other OTA. For example, if clients want to cancel, it is the host that should cancel for them. Then Homeaway statistics are affected by this. I also wonder how come so many people book their summer holidays with a platform that makes it so easy for the host to cancel their reservation.