Unit allocation by number of Rooms booked

Availability and inventory control
davidtrillo

Currently the system provides Unit allocation by Guest or Booking. In the case of a booking being for multiple units of the same room type, these are all allocated to the same room. Is there a way to auto allocate to the next available unit for multi unit booking. Maybe a third option "allocate by units". I am trying to avoid problem messages for multiroom booking.
markkinchin
Site Admin

A booking for a quantity of a room type should be split into a group of bookings, each booking in the group being for one of the room type, they can then be allocated to individual units.

This is the normal behaviour for imported bookings anyway, do you have a situation where bookings are being created as a single booking with a quantity greater than one? (i.e. not being automatically split)
davidtrillo

Yes it would seem that is happening. I have a Virtual room set up for my 10 Deluxe Rooms. 4 of these rooms are configured as Family Rooms and are bookable separately for family occupancy. However I wanted to see if the dependencies I have set automatically allocate an available family room if the 6 remaining Deluxe Rooms are booked.

I did a multi Room Booking for the Deluxe room via our Booking Page but the system allocated all rooms to Room 9 (first available Deluxe Room), this then prevented the dependencies working because everything was allocated to one room. If I do a seies of single room bookings the dependencies work fine.

Is there some setting for how Group bookings are handled. I will explore the Wiki and see if I can find anything.
annettemorgenroth

Can you please send a support ticket with the booking number so we can check this? You can create a support ticket via the SUPPORT button in the top left menu of the Beds24 control panel.
jenniferchristie

I am also interested in this thread.

It seems the price check page has changed recently, and this is affecting the way group reservations import to the calendar. I have created a ticket so you may see the issue, but I am experiencing the same issue as David.

In Price Check, I select the quantity of rooms I would like. Previously, when there was no shopping cart icon, I could select quantities of multiple room types. Now I may only select one room type.

I select two Family Cabins, two exact copies of one reservation (same booking #) are created, and allocated to the same room number. One would expect that a group reservation of multiple rooms would be created. Per your suggestion in this thread, I now have to split that reservation if I would like it to appear as a group. Previously, this reservation would import as one would expect.

Is there some setting that dictates this behavior, that I may change?
annettemorgenroth

Sorry there was a bug in the redesigned price checker which is now fixed. If you book multiple rooms from the shopping cart they will be assigned to different units.