Ostrovok integration coming soon

News and new feature announcements
annettemorgenroth

Connectivity with Ostrovok will be available shortly.

If you are interested in a connection please send us a support ticket via the SUPPORT button in the top left menu of the control panel.
praguecityrooms

Thought you might be interested in our experience: We tried Ostrovok via another channel manager. 90% fake reservations as its possible to book online without a credit card but for some reason the hotel receives credit card info from Ostrovok anyway. I tried it myself and booked our own hotel. I did not give ostrovok any credit card info, yet they emailed our hotel a credit card number. Its mostly a portal where Russians get a confirmed booking to apply for a visa to Europe. A connection to HRS.de is higher priority for us.
thanks,
PCS
zagrebpoint

Thanks for shearing your experience with Ostrovok.
I doubt that they are a fake site. They wouldn't build such a complicated extranet to be a fake site.
They just probably didn't take credit cards till the period of free cancellation finishes.
Never the less I will keep in mind what you said about lots of cancellations.
praguecityrooms

zagrebpoint wrote:Thanks for shearing your experience with Ostrovok.
I doubt that they are a fake site. They wouldn't build such a complicated extranet to be a fake site.
They just probably didn't take credit cards till the period of free cancellation finishes.
Never the less I will keep in mind what you said about lots of cancellations.
Hi, I did not say they are a fake site, just that there are a lot of fake reservations. Also, as I explained, I made a reservation for our own hotel and I was not asked for credit card details. Nevertheless, when our reservation came into beds24, we received the standard security email from ostrovok with credit card details for the reservation I made. Even though I did not give a credit card. So, the questions arises is where did ostrovok get the credit card info that it sent to the hotel ? Of course, the credit card did not work.

None the less, we listed our hotel on ostrovok via beds24 and we will try them again. We will actively cancel any reservations that have fake credit cards.

Regards,
Brian
zagrebpoint

Thanks for sharing this.
I will try to do the same thing, I will book my apartment and see what happens.

I will let you know.
zagrebpoint

So I booked my apartment and I found out how Ostrovok works.
For those who don't know:
Ostrovok won't send the credit card details to beds24.
They will send it to you by email in a secure PDF file. You have to have the password to open it. You should receive the password when you opened an account with ostrovok.
If you can't charge the card you can mark that the CC is invalid and then the guest has 24 hours to change it.
If the guest doesn't change the card details you have to mark it again as invalid and then guest has 12 hours to change it.
If he doesn't do it the reservation will be canceled.
Ostrovok doesn't share guests details with you at all. (same as Agoda)
However guest will get your contact details - phone number and e-mail
If you want to contact the guest you have to write to [email protected], then they will forward the message to the guest.
Regarding the payments. There are two options for guests. They can pay on-line to Ostrovok or directly to the hotel. If they pay to the Ostrovok, Ostrovok will pay you at the beginning of the month (not after every reservation)

Guest can also cancel the reservation if he finds the way to do it. I mean this literally :) The link to cancel the reservation is located in the guest's extranet. It is a link that says "cancel the reservation". The font size is significantly smaller than other text and it is light, light gray on the white background :) So you really can not see it very well.
I couldn't believe it when I saw it - it is really a stupid way to get fewer cancellations :)

Hope this helps to those who are new to ostrovok.

P.S. in 2 months during the high season I didn't get any reservation.