Tripadvisor cost per click

Suggestions and ideas to make Beds24.com better
mbedspaceuna

We have just started using TA's CPC campaigns again and have run into an old issue
Beds24 only send one rate to TA not the cheapest of many eligible rates.

This means when someone chooses dates on TA in our advance purchase window, the competing channels send the advance purchase price, whilst beds24 send my rack rate, making me look falsely more expensive. if I set beds24 to send my advance purchase rate (offer 2) then no rates will be sent at all during searches outside the rates window.

Can't seem to see a workaround so is there any plan to develop a more comprehensive rates update with TA? this would be a huge help in the battle for direct bookings!

Otherwise has anyone worked out a way round this?
posadajavier

I have come across the same bug
annettemorgenroth

The booking page prices are sent to Tripadvisor. Rates and daily prices activated for Beds24 offer 1 are sent to Tripadvisor. The price of a rate sent is composed from the Single, Double, Room and extra person prices. You will need to structure your prices so this price is the one you want us to send to Tripvadvisor.
mbedspaceuna

Hi

The issue is when we have a second offer which is cheaper due to conditions. in my case you must pay in advance and book more than 45 days ahead. this give guests 2 options (after 45 days), one of which is cheaper with tight conditions. the question is how to have the cheapest rate sent to TA? this is no problem for the OTA's to do with our rates. meaning they look like they are falsely undercutting us.

is there a work around?

regards
Malcolm
annettemorgenroth

mbedspaceuna wrote:The issue is when we have a second offer which is cheaper due to conditions.
If this is the price you want to send to Tripadvisor you will need to make this offer 1.
mbedspaceuna

ok, I'm not being clear obviously

offer 1 - runs all the time post paid
offer 2 - must be booked 45 days before - non-refundable, 15% cheaper

option 1
stay as it is. searches on TA CPC show us as the cheapest option from today +45 days after this we show as 15% more expensive than our OTA's as only offer 1 being sent

option 2
swap offer 1 and 2., in this case, we show as NOT available whatsoever 0-45 days and cheaper after the 45-day mark

what i need is a workaround that allows TA to show us as the cheapest option Via CPC for ALL days (which we are). we need the cheapest price to be sent to TA exactly as the OTA's do with the rates we supply them.

does this make sense?
annettemorgenroth

I understand your problem but we can only send one price to Tripadvisor. This is a technical limitation from Tripadvisor. The price we send is offer 1.

You will need to decide which price you want to send to Tripdvisor and make this price offer 1.
mbedspaceuna

So the Major OTA's have managed to find a way around this, sending only the cheapest price from various rate plans as their date conditions come into effect. Any ideas on a work around for this?

is there a way for you to initiate a 'virtual offer' listing only the cheapest price available on a given date from a range of offers which we can then send to Tripadviser and other price Comparision sites if we so choose?
lesleywoermeijer

Hello,

As advised we can only send Offer 1 to Tripadvisor, you can change your Offer 2 to Offer 1, and then we will send the details to Tripadvisor for both prices and your cheaper price/rate will only be available when a guest requests a date that is 45 days in advance.

If you want to keep both offers on your own booking page (and other Channels) then you can copy your Offer 2 Rate, change it in ROOM Tab = Offer 1, and go to the CHANNEL Tab and deselect all other channels and pages other than Tripadvisor and this will send both prices to Tripadvisor as in my first statement.