Currency list

Suggestions and ideas to make Beds24.com better
davidtrillo

Hi there. We have just signed up our Hotel in Sri Lanka and the Beds24 package is great. Is is possible to add Sri Lankan Rupees (LKR) to the currency list as we work in both US$ and LKR.

Many Thanks
markkinchin
Site Admin

You can set the currency symbol at Settings > Properties > Description

You only need to set the Currency Code if you need that currency for a deposit collection gateway or channel.
If you do need this, please let me know which gateway or channel?
davidtrillo

Not sure if the exchange is necessary. We work up our Room bills and payments in dollars which is displayed using [INVOICETABLE]. we then take the balance figure and convert to Sri Lanka Rupees based on a rate slightly advantageous to us. This can be adjusted by management. This becomes the Room bill total in Rupees

We then need to add an item in Sri Lankan Rupees which are the signed local bar and Restaurant bills from our POS (which works in Rupees and includes Tax and Service Charges). These 2 are added to provide the Total Rupees due (Grand Total).

Ideally the Bar and Restaurant Total will be fed to the booking through the API. Is this possible?

Also are all Template Variables available through the API to pass between Beds24 and the POS system?
markkinchin
Site Admin

You can add invoice items to a booking via API.

Template variables are not relevant in the API because you can read and write the data in the booking directly.
davidtrillo

Thanks for the help. Is there a list of the API variables for each booking?
davidtrillo

As an update to the previous post in this thread, the multiple currency may be required.

This is due to the Room Charges and Obligatory Upsell items all being processed in Dollars. We then create a Dollar subtotal and convert to Rupees

At this point we add [INVOICEEXTRAITEM1] (Restaurant and Bar Bill total from POS system) this value is in Rupees (LKR). This screws up our charges and payments tab because it is added in dollars and therefore our invoice value is totally wrong.

Is there a way to input all [INVOICEEXTRAITEM} in sri Lankan Rupees only (or have thechoice)
markkinchin
Site Admin

The booking invoice does not specifically support multiple currencies

You could use the status field to define the currency of each invoice item and manage the balances yourself via the API
markkinchin
Site Admin

davidtrillo wrote:Thanks for the help. Is there a list of the API variables for each booking?
Use the getbooking function to retrieve a booking, the names of the fields returned should make it self explanatory what they are.
davidtrillo

markkinchin wrote:The booking invoice does not specifically support multiple currencies

You could use the status field to define the currency of each invoice item and manage the balances yourself via the API
I am trying to list different charges in the invoice table depending on status.

For Example I have Room Charge Transactions which are given a Status code of 1, Restaurant Bills (one day via API) a code of 2 and Payments a code of 3

When I use [INVOICETABLE2} templates I cannot selectively exclude transactions by different status code.

Description Quantity Price Total
Deluxe Room Saturday, 18 March, 2017 - Wednesday, 29 March, 2017 1 1,306.36 1,306.36 1
Service Charge 10% 1 130.64 130.64 1
NBT 2.25% 1 32.33 32.33 1
VAT 15% 1 220.40 220.40 1
Restaurant Bills 1 99.99 99.99 2
Grand Total 1,789.72
Deposit -250.00 3
deposit payment -23.45 3
Final Bill -1,516.27 3
Outstanding Amount 0.00

I understood that the following template would show only transactions with Status 1 [INVOICETABLE2:1,!2,!3]

Am i missing something or is this functionality only applicable to [INVOICEPARTBALANCE]

How can I assign Restaurant Bills to [INVOICEEXTRAITEM1] without it appearing in the Invoice Table
markkinchin
Site Admin

Matching by status values does only work with the template variable [INVOICEPARTBALANCE]