Guest state

Suggestions and ideas to make Beds24.com better
citycenterlv

Add a field for guest state. On the booking form there is no box asking for which state the guest lives in. This information is important to have especially if they live in the US, as it is a part of the address.
annettemorgenroth

You can use a "Custom Question" if you need to collect the state. To create a custom question go to SETTINGS->PROPERTIES->BOOKING QUESTIONS. If you need instructions please use the context help (? icons) and click on HELP (top right menu) of this page.
wvs_2003

Hi all,

I would like to again bring up the suggestion of having the guest's state/province to be included as one of the Booking's "Standard Questions". It would be more convenient if the guest's state/province is shown on the same tab (booking's "Summary" tab") with the address, city, country, etc.

I, and I'm assuming many others, have created a a custom question to record the guest's state/province. However, the state/province is shown on the booking's "Detail tab". This is not convenient because the State/province is not shown with the address, city, country/etc. I prefer not having to click between two tabs to view the complete address of my guests.
cmartinpage

Yes, I have also created a custom question for County/State, but agree that it would be more logical if it was on the same page as the rest of the guest address details.
taylorscornerbnb

Bringing this post back from the dead... the custom field for State is fine, but the real issue is custom fields show on the Detail tab instead of Summary tab. At a minimum, the order of fields should be the same for both the front end and back end booking pages. Ideally, custom fields show on the summary tab. When i take a booking over the phone, I shouldn't have to switch tabs just to enter the State.
cmartinpage

I agree. It is a pain to have to switch between tabs just to get the County/State custom field
markkinchin
Site Admin

We are adding state and company name as new standard booking questions, they should be ready to use next week.
cmartinpage

Is it possible to change the wording to State/County?
I thought that I could do it using the | symbol, but can't find out where to do it
markkinchin
Site Admin

You can change the text on the booking page at the menu

Settings > Booking Page > Developer > Custom Text
taylorscornerbnb

1) Thank you for implementing this change! Looking forward to seeing it in action next week.
2) The Custom Text function only works on the front end (what the user sees); it does not appear to follow through to the back end. For instance, I have changed "Postcode" to "Zip Code". Appears fine for the user, but if I go in the back end to add a booking through the admin interface, the form still shows "Postcode".