Prices Rounding

hawera holiday park

I am in New Zealand where we have GST at 15% (Not VAT). Our room rates have a GST component and I have managed to change the invoice so that it shows the GST component and the total amount.

1. How do I get it to round either up or down to two decimal places and also have no cents eg our ensuited rooms are $80 including GST - the gst excluding figure is $69.57 - but adding GST onto $69.57 = $80.0055 and this what Beds24.com is saying to charge or if you use $69.56 it = $79.997. I have tried entering the excluding figure down to about 6 decimal points, I have also tried the SETTINGS - PROPERTIES - BOOKING RULES and the VAT rounding, but no matter what option I choose it doesn't work.
annettemorgenroth

When you go to SETTINGS-->PROPERTIES->BOOKING RULES you will find a option for "Price Rounding" in the "Price" section.
hawera holiday park

Thanks Annette - I have found that - but not matter what option I choose it doesn't round the price correctly as due to the rounding it isn't always the same amount to be rounded - eg one price might work out 17.99 so it needs to be +.01 but the next price might be 80.05 so it needs to be -0.05. or am I not using it correctly?
annettemorgenroth

Use the value +1 to round round to the nearest Dollar.
hawera holiday park

Thanks Annette - I see where it is rounding it now - in the set price, before the tax is added on.

is there any way to round the total price - after the tax is added on??
annettemorgenroth

We do not support rounding of taxes. To our understanding taxes should always be calculated exactly and shown exactly and not rounded.
buckinghamhouse

It depends on the country. In Canada if you pay in cash the total of any purchase is rounded up or down to the near .05 as we no longer have pennies. While the taxes are calculated exactly on all purchases the total is rounded by merchants.
hawera holiday park

Same as New Zealand 'buckinghamhouse' Our lowest coin is a 10c so paying in cash it is all rounded up or down to the nearest .10. Standard room rates including GST (our tax) is always rounded to the nearest full $ amount - it is very unusual to find it with 'cents, almost never.

Is this something that could be looked at in an upgrade, so that depending on the Country there are different options?
sistachrentals

Hi! Is it possible to round the price for the chosen period?

For example, the price agreed with the owner is 650€, when I divide it to get the night price, it's 92.86€. Then, when the client books, it shows as 650.02€, which doesn't really look nice. :)

Any way to round the final price?
sistachrentals

I chose No decimals to be shown in Settings, this fixes it well. Still don't know if showing no decimals could have some other unwanted results :)