FIXED:"Extra Bookable Items To Offer The Guest" formatting

Post here if you cannot find a better category
amberbb

I'm very grateful for the new "optional %" (including negative percentages to produce a discount) type (applied only to the room booking price) at Properties> Booking Rules> Extra Bookable Items To Offer The Guest> Type> , but I'm wondering if it would be a real swine to remove the currency symbol (in our case, NZ$) from preceding the appropriate discount when displayed on the booking form?

eg: here at
https://www.beds24.com/booking.php?subg ... 2014-04-24
it would be more elegant to display just -4.00% rather than "NZ$-4.00%"...

Also, could you make the (rather easy to miss) words of "Voucher Code" more prominent?
Perhaps by using bold, italic and a larger text size?
Last edited by amberbb on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amber House Limited trading as AMBER HOUSE - at the centre!™
Mobile: +64 21 202 4961
Phone: +64 3 539 0605
Fax: +44 70 05 96 34 37
http://www.AmberHouse.co.nz
Amber House, 46 Weka Street, Nelson 7010, New Zealand
markkinchin
Site Admin

Percentage values have been changed so they display the percentage value and percent symbol only without the currency symbol.

I think the "Voucher Code" text as displayed is appropriate as the default style.
It is possible to add custom CSS commands to change the appearance of individual items on your booking page.

The Voucher code text is displayed in a span as follows:

<span class='vouchercodetext'>Voucher Code</span>

So adding some custom CSS similar to the following will make it bold and big.
The custom CSS can be added on the PROPERTY >> STYLE settings page.

Code: Select all

.vouchercodetext {
font-weight: bold;
font-size: 120%;
}
If there are other items on the booking page you want to modify with custom CSS that don't already have an individual class just let me know and I will do my best to add one.
amberbb

markkinchin wrote:Percentage values have been changed so they display the percentage value and percent symbol only without the currency symbol.
Thanks, Mark - much more elegant.

Unfortunately the other options (eg: "optional qty") have also lost their currency symbol at the same time as this little fix was instituted...

markkinchin wrote:It is possible to add custom CSS commands to change the appearance of individual items on your booking page.
Yes, that's the better way to do it with CSS so that each can tweak things to appear exactly the way they want - thanks for the reminder!
markkinchin
Site Admin

The currency symbol is displaying again for non percentage options now.
amberbb

markkinchin wrote:The currency symbol is displaying again for non percentage options now.
Thanks, Mark.

Confirmed that everything looks hunky-dory now for all the option "Type"s of:
"not used"
"optional"
"optional qty"
"optional %"
"obligatory"
"obligatory %"

However, now that there are all these option "Type"s, it might be better to re-name the third column at Properties> Booking Rules> Extra Bookable Items To Offer The Guest> from "Price" to Amount since this column can now contain percentage amounts as well as prices...

The pop-up help text could be changed from "...Add a description and a price for each item." to: ...Add a description and an amount for each item. and from"....In this case enter the percentage in the Price field and the Per and Period fields are ignored." to: ...In this case enter the percentage in the Amount field and the Per and Period fields are ignored.
markkinchin
Site Admin

Thanks