Several questions

Post here if you cannot find a better category
encantadaoceancottages

So far, I really like the ease of use and customization possibilities of the Beds24 software - thanks for all your hard work and effort. I don't know if maybe I can't find where to do a couple of things I need in the system, or if they don't exist:

1. Check in and check out a reservation
2. Separate the room rate from the tax on the invoice. When I have been playing with it, the tax is automatically included in the room rate when I create an invoice and I need it to only appear at the bottom of the invoice.
3. I'm sure this doesn't exist. We work in dollars; however, Costa Rica law says that invoices have to reflect the country currency. If there were a possibility to include both currencies on the final invoice based on the currency conversion, that would be great. If not, if I could create an additional line item in the calculation section of the invoice that I could manually enter the conversion, I could settle for that, but I would like to be able to assign the text as "Total Colones" for example. If that's confusing, it would look something like this:

Subtotal - $100.00
Sales Tax - $13.00
Total Dollars - $113.00
Total Colones - (Enter manually. I know the invoice can be edited as it's prepared, so this could work, if no exchange function exists)

4. Is it possible to configure for different tax rates based on the item? For example, restaurant activity is charged 10% and 13% (has to be separated), hotel activity, 13% and tour activity isn't charged taxes. I created items that have to be manually manipulated based on the restaurant amount, but if there's a way to do it automatically, that's even better.

Thanks
encantadaoceancottages

Another thing, on the calendar page, why are there so many entries per room:

Override
High Season
Low Season
Min Stay
Price Multiplier

I may have set up something incorrectly, but I don't know what if I did. There's a screenshot in the attached file. The 1 & 2 after Price Multiplier are the actual cottages that correspond to the availability.
Attachments
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (103.03 KiB) Viewed 4547 times
encantadaoceancottages

And yes, yet another question (or two)

1. In the Template Variables, there are entries such as PROPERTYLEGALPOLICY. Where would this information be stored? I don't seem to see it anywhere.
2. In Costa Rica, we have to capture passport or ID numbers. Is there a way to create a custom field in a booking template to enter this data?
encantadaoceancottages

14 views, certainly some mine, and no responses. Is there a way to get help? Obviously I'm not going to purchase if I can't get answers to my questions.
annettemorgenroth

Sorry for the delayed feedback.

You can find the answers to most questions in our support wiki: https://wiki.beds24.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

Do you know we have a ticket support system? Tickets go directly to the appropriate person who then can access your account and guarantee a timely response. It helps us if you provide us with all relevant information about your issue (room, rate, booking numbers, error messages etc.).To create a support ticket log into your Beds24 account and click on SUPPORT in the top left menu.

To answer your questions:

1. Check in and check out a reservation
You can use the flag function to do this :https://wiki.beds24.com/index.php?title ... al_status

2. Separate the room rate from the tax on the invoice.
Taxes can either be includes in the room price or added on. Have a look here: for information on how to set this up: https://wiki.beds24.com/index.php?title ... _other_Tax

3.If there were a possibility to include both currencies on the final invoice based on the currency conversion, that would be great.
There are two ways to convert currencies in the invoice. Have a look here: https://wiki.beds24.com/index.php?title ... _other_Tax

4. Is it possible to configure for different tax rates based on the item?
Yes. Have a look here: https://wiki.beds24.com/index.php?title ... _other_Tax

5. Calendar page
When you go to the CALENDAR page (top menu) and click on HELP or use the context help (?icons) you will find information on what the different rows mean. The help page also explains how to customise the view.

5. In Template Variables, there are entries such as PROPERTYLEGALPOLICY. Where would this information be stored?
You can enter the content for these these template variables in SETTINGS->CHANNEL MANAGER->HOMEAWAY->DESCRIPTIVE

6. In Costa Rica, we have to capture passport or ID numbers.
You can set up a custom question for this purpose in SETTINGS->PROPERITES->BOOKING QUESTIONS.
encantadaoceancottages

I'm still a little confused about the display configuration for tax info. If I understand the WIKI correctly, the tax data would appear as a line item on the invoice. I need it to appear similar to what is shown in the jpg attached to this message.
Attachments
Invoice-page.jpg
Invoice-page.jpg (32.24 KiB) Viewed 4529 times
encantadaoceancottages

I'm obviously doing something wrong with the taxes. Please give me step by step instructions to add the sales tax ONLY as a line item at the end of the invoice, if possible. Thanks.
Attachments
taxes.jpg
taxes.jpg (52.09 KiB) Viewed 4529 times
annettemorgenroth

You have not entered your tax correctly in SETTINGS->PROPERTIES->UPSELL ITEMS. The 13% need to go in the "Amount" filed not in the "VAT" field. The VAT field is for tax which is included in the price only.
encantadaoceancottages

Thanks. I must be really dumb. Follow screenshots. First, the tax rate for the property under Booking Rules is set to 13%. Second screenshot, attempt to put 13% as the amount, not the VAT rate. System always removes the % and leaves it as a flat dollar amount of 13. Third, the invoice shows $13 as the tax amount instead of 13%. Plus, I don't want it as a line item under "description." I'd like to have it as listed in my mock up from the earlier thread. Is this possible?
Attachments
InvoiceTaxes.jpg
InvoiceTaxes.jpg (44.36 KiB) Viewed 4524 times
Upsell.jpg
Upsell.jpg (37.72 KiB) Viewed 4524 times
TaxRate.jpg
TaxRate.jpg (9.71 KiB) Viewed 4524 times
annettemorgenroth

You need to use "Obligatory %" not "Obligatory"

If you are adding sales tax and do not have VAT which is included in the prices you need to remove all entries you have made for "VAT".

Use the template variable [INVOICETABLE] instead of [INVOICETABLEVAT]

The system can only show sales taxes as one sum at the bottom of the invoice.