New Channel suggestion

markkinchin
Site Admin

Adding each site or channel requires a lot of setup work.
One of the main criteria in choosing which channels to invest this work into is the number of properties expected to connect to it.
zagrebpoint

One other question.
I see that your connection with most of the channels is partial. Some things are connected and some are not.
Are you doing something to connect fully to channels that you already support. For example your connection with Atraveo does not connect the prices. We still have to add the prices in atraveo manually.
Do you have in plan to connect fully with those channels?

In the end your list of channels is little bit deceiving. When I was deciding for a channel manager one of the criteria was how many channels do you connect with. And now I see that nearly all channels are very poorly connected.
It would be better to put your effort in connecting with some of them completely (like you have complite connection with booking.com) instead of bringing more channels with almost none connectivity.

For example you have added 9flats and Housetrip recently and I wonder why should I even use those connection when I can connect with them with ical connection in the same way. And moreover you charge for those connection the same amount like for connection with booking.com which is complete connection.

I hope you are working on this.
markkinchin
Site Admin

See here for the capabilities of each channel:

https://wiki.beds24.com/index.php?title ... pabilities

We believe the most important purpose of the channel manager is to keep the availability updated everywhere to maximise bookings and minimise double bookings.
Being able to update prices is a nice extra feature when it is possible but prices tend to change much less frequently for most people.
And moreover you charge for those connection the same amount like for connection with booking.com which is complete connection.
You are right, we should charge more for the booking.com connection :)
zagrebpoint

markkinchin wrote:You are right, we should charge more for the booking.com connection :)
:)
Somehow I knew you will say that :)
cmartinpage

How about Trivago?
markkinchin
Site Admin

We are in touch with trivago and have requested a connection to them.
As yet they have not granted us access but as soon as they do we would add them, the decision is in their hands.

It may help convince them if everyone interested in trivago contacts them and let's them know they want to connect via beds24.
cmartinpage

OK, will do
veguetahomes

annettemorgenroth

We review the suitability of all potential channels based on customer demand and technical capability periodically.

Apartments Apart is not on our list of channels we are planning to add because we do not see enough demand.

Many channels in the holiday rentals market support Ical. If Apartments Apart does you can use our Ical Sync.
zagrebpoint

Are you considering connecting with new google hotel add commission program?