Gift Coupon

somn'en bulle

Hello,
I'm not happy with my current booking solution and i'm thinking about changing.
Your solution looks fantastic so far :)
Only one think i'm not sure how to do. I'm selling quit a lot of "gift coupon" for my rooms that people can book later. Curently (so not on bed24) we use woocommerce as a payment method and we sell unique code that simply hold the value of the room. When someone wants to make a booking, they enter the code and to price drops to 0. They can only be used once.
I wouln't mind having to manualy enter the code but could they have a limit of one use ? And can i have more than 8 at a time ?
Or do you think of a different way to do that ?
Cheers
Henri
pasochicogay

SOund interesting to me as well, any thoughs about that here?
annettemorgenroth

Voucher Codes can be set up in Settings > Properties > Voucher Codes.

For a gift voucher you would give 100% discount.

Multiple phrases can be defined for each discount, separate them with commas.
pasochicogay

We use the Cupons already, but the questions here are interesting to us as well:
"They can only be used once?
I wouln't mind having to manualy enter the code but could they have a limit of one use ? And can i have more than 8 at a time ?"

Other speaking would it be possible that a Voucher Code disapear as soon the code was used? And is there any limit on Voucher Codes seperated with comma?
annettemorgenroth

Generally the codes can be used multiple times. If you do not allow this you will need to remove the codes after they have been used.
somn'en bulle

Good to know that we can have more than 8 coupon at a time.
It's not gonna be as easy to add / remove them manualy but i guess that will have to do.

If i think of a better solution / way around / i'll post it here.

PS : Is there any way to have more than 8 coupon type at a time ?
I'm currently having :
10% reduction
15% reduction
20% reduction
20% reduction on nights only (no extra)
169€ fix night price
204€ fix night price with food
219€ fix night price with better food :)
269€ fix night price with better food and champagne.
But i have another adress with two types of room, so already 8 different prices combinaison without counting the percent stuffs.
And now that i think abour it, we also have 20% + free stuffs for big companies.

I guess i could stop having so many options... but if i'm missing something, let me know :)
lesleywoermeijer

Hello,
The details you have for %age discounts could use the Discount/Vouchers.

10% reduction
15% reduction
20% reduction
20% reduction on nights only (no extra)

I would suggest that you can use Rates/Daily Prices with Offers for your 'fix night' prices. These will show on your booking page and guests will not be required to add discount/voucher codes. Have a look at this wiki page for more information :- https://wiki.beds24.com/index.php/Offers

169€ fix night price
204€ fix night price with food
219€ fix night price with better food :)
269€ fix night price with better food and champagne.

For the Big Companies, you can setup an Agent Rate with the 20% discount applied to prices when the bookings are confirmed.

Have a look at this wiki page for details on setting Agent Rates :- https://wiki.beds24.com/index.php/Category:Agents
somn'en bulle

Hi,
Ok, good to know, i'll use "offers" to sell extra stuffs like food and drinks.
But what i meant is that i've sold coupon that holds different values : 169€, 204€ etc...
Today when they enter there coupon on my website it substract the amount. (It's not in percent so they can add aditional stuffs)

For exemple someone buys the gift "night with food" and pays 169 + 35 = 204€
He receive a unique coupon code.
(on my current site, the code is automaticly added to the code list and i have nothing to do)
He offers the coupon to someone and when that person wants to make a booking, he pick a night, add the coupon code, and the total comes down to 0.

Additionnaly if that person wanted to get the better food otpion wich is 50 and not 35, he would then have to pay an extra 15 to confirm his booking.

does that make sense ?
Sorry, english isn't my native language and i suck with spealing (in all the language i speak/ write...)

PS : Your Agent stuffs is neat !
stonelion

I think the point of the original question was missed entirely by everyone.

We need the ability to sell a gift certificate for a room without having to book a room. In other words, a site visitor clicks on "gift certificate" and they are then directed to a payment screen. After they have paid, they are presented a screen where they can print their gift certificate. The gift certificate would have a unique code imprinted on it. The site visitor then gives the gift certificate to someone as a gift. The person who receives the gift certificate books a room and as payment type they enter the unique code that was printed on the gift certificate and they don't have to pay any other fees for the room.

Most of the other reservation systems have the above all built in as a standard feature. I take it from the conversation that Beds24 does not? If beds24 does not, when could it be added? We need this feature and we have it on our current booking system. I've paid for beds24 but have not yet decided to keep it. My decision will be based on if it does everything I need it to. I need it to handle gift certificates.

Thanks!
pasochicogay

So basically you want an onlinshop function for items, in your case gift certificates...
NOt a booking thing for accomodation, or do i understand your points now wrong?