Rates and cancellation policy: Solved by using Offers

joholm

We have different rates with different cancellation rules.
eg.
Flexible: (more expensive) cancellation free up till 14 days before arrival; after that 50% charge
Non-refundable: (cheaper) no cancellation; full cost taken (by card) anytime after booking.

I can't fit this into Bed24s rates model. When I set up two rates for one accommodation and try making a booking the system always chooses the lower rate.
Our guests need to be able to choose which rate they book.

Do you have any suggestions?
Last edited by joholm on Mon May 08, 2017 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
annettemorgenroth

If you want to give the guest to choose between two options you will need to use offers.

An offer is the price combined with certain conditions. Offer1 is your standard offer which always displays unless you hide it.
Additional offers can show your guests alternative price options for example refundable/non refundable or packages.

This help documenthttps://wiki.beds24.com/index.php?title=Offersexplains how to set this up.
joholm

Thanks, I've tried using offers and see how it works.
When I try adding a booking now on the calendar page all I see is Offer 1 and Offer 2, no descriptive text or information.
I really need to preview what a guest would see when booking. Is there any easy and convenient way to do that?
annettemorgenroth

The selectors will show the names you have entered in Settings > Properties > Offers / Offer 2/ Offer3 / Offer 4.

If you are only seeing an offer number you have not entered anything in there.
joholm

I found a way - by using the "Quick URL" facility.
Thanks again!