Yield Optimizer

casale pundarika

Hello All!
I am testing beds24 and I have some issues with the Yield Optimizer, which would be a great tool for our price structure.
The thing is that if I have these complex rules:

The system will multiply overlapping rules, as per Wiki "Multiple rules can apply at the same time and the percentage changes will be multiplied together. i.e. two rules, 120% and 150% triggering will adjust the price by 180%."

What I would like to do is to link the rule to an exact number of rooms available, no more, no less, but the only option here is apparently only NUMBER OF ROOMS or MORE/or LESS

Is there a workaround for this? Am I missing something? Why is not possible to link a rule to an exact number of rooms and is it a feature maybe worth to add?
Thanks!
markkinchin
Site Admin

The rules do not work on an exact number of rooms.

You would need to set the percentage discount for each additional free room to the incremental discount so when they all multiply together you get the desired result.
casale pundarika

Thanks for your reply!
Yes, they don't work on an exact number of rooms, but maybe is it easy and useful to add it as a feature? It would also be nice if we could go over the 30 days :)
Can you make me an example, based on the data you see in the picture, on how should I proceed to have the desired results?
Thanks again!
ddharma2

casale pundarika wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:44 am
Thanks for your reply!
Yes, they don't work on an exact number of rooms, but maybe is it easy and useful to add it as a feature? It would also be nice if we could go over the 30 days :)
Can you make me an example, based on the data you see in the picture, on how should I proceed to have the desired results?
Thanks again!
Yes, Please make yield optimizer to be able to go for more than 30 days.
I have trouble when people book 3 months from now, and they book it at normal price..
taylorscornerbnb

Another vote to remove the 30 day limit! For me, I would like the rules to be applied always, not just within the 30 days window.
zagrebpoint

Yes please remove the limit of 30days.
I do not see the reason for that limitation.
Can you explain at least why there is this limitation?

Also
The way the rules work now, by multiplying one another, is strange to comprehend and adjust.
Why can't rule apply just for certain days? for example, the rule is valid from 6th to 20th day from today. Another rule is valid from 2nd day to 6th day.
Why every rule has to start from "the first day" till some day in your 30days limit?

Why not use yield optimizer for a "first-minute" bookings for periods few months in advance?

You made a great thing with this yield optimizer and then put some restrictions that do not make much sense.
annettemorgenroth

zagrebpoint wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:43 pm
Can you explain at least why there is this limitation?
The yield optimizer is designed for short-term optimisation.
zagrebpoint

And why not use it for first-minute reservations?

Is there any reason why you keep the restriction on 30days?
iuri_rosa

Hello

Sorry this is not possible, once again he yield optimizer is designed for short-term optimization.

Best Regards,

Iuri Rosa
ahomeinmadeira

Yield optimizer could also be used for early bird bookings if could be extended to 365 days.