Simplifying Rates

menachem

I just remembered that even if the rooms for 3 person room and the 2 person room do not have the same base rate, you can still use a single rate. Just go to the "Rooms" tab of the rate and link the room so its "used with a per day offset"
markkinchin
Site Admin

I would just like to add that the "extra person" prices you can set in rates work for the booking page only, these are not sent to channels.

If different prices for each occupancy level need to go to channels, there will need to be a separate rate created for the 2 person and 3 person prices.
cmartinpage

Hi Menachem

Thanks fro your suggestions.

I have implemented the 2/3 person rate as per your suggestion and it works great.

I still need more than 4 rates as I set:

Spring Low Season (6 Jan-31 March)
Spring Mid Season (1 April-31 May)
High Season 1 June-31 December)
Autumn Mid Season (1 October-31 October)
Autumn Low Season (1 November- 19 December)
Gap Fill rate

The 2 autumn rates override the high season rate.
Have you found a way to use 1 rate to cover 2 different time periods?
menachem

Try setting the Strategy of your Autumn Rates to "Do Not Allow Any Other Rates".

This should cause beds24 to ignore the High Season Rates when your Autumn Rates are available. Note that you may not be able to use the Gap Rate for the Autumn dates if you set it up this way.
praguecityrooms

Hi,

The rates in beds24 can be complicated if you use all the functions. However, this is what also makes them very powerful and far superior than any other channel manger. E.g. I have 427 rates but must are linked to 6 different room types.

To simplify your setup, lets say you have room 1, 2, 3 and 4 priced at €50, 60, 70 and 80 for mid season for 2 PAX. You can set this up with one rate all year around and link prices for rooms 2, 3 and 4 to room 1 (using the Rooms tab on the rate).

Then to account for your three seasons, for low season use the price multiplier directly on the calendar (e.g. for low season we have a multiplier of 80%). For high season you can set it to a maximum multiplier of 250% (admin: hint, hint why not great than 250%??).

For special events, you create a special rate, for example, Easter, New Years Eve, etc and set the Strategy on the Summary tab of the rate appropriately (e.g. don't allow lower prices so your general rate is not offered). Once the special event has passed, you can simply amend the dates to the following year.

For additional persons in the room, I have found the easiest way to manage with b.com is to send to b.com a 2 PAX rate and set up a "derived rate" with booking.com for 3 PAX, 4 PAX, etc. You need to be careful here because b.com tend to set these up incorrectly. Call them and explain you want to create a new rate for 3PAX and link it to the 2PAX rate that is being sent by your channel manager (beds24). Lets say 3 PAX = 2 PAX + €20 then b.com will set this rate up for you and it must derive its prices, availability and restrictions from the 2PAX rate. Note quite often the b.com rep will not set up the derived rates to derive their availability and restrictions from the channel manager 2 PAX rate. Don't let them off the phone until you have tested and tested again (e.g. put in a dummy reservation into beds 24, manually sync from b24 to b.com, and ensure that bot the 2 PAX and the 3 PAX rate are unavailable on b.com extranet calendar).

For additional persons with other channels, you can just setup an extra bed price with the OTA and/or beds24.

Repeat above step for 4 PAX, etc.

You only want to send 6 months to booking.com. Why ? Best to give them the same as other channels as they will punish you if you treat them worse than other OTA's. If you dont want bookings from b.com for > 6 months, then increase the price.. If you get a booking at a higher price, then thats great. In my experience, the vast majority of b.com reservations are within the next 6 months anyway. It might not apply to your market though.

If you folow the above, then you just have 1 year-round rate plus your special events rates (Easter, etc) plus your gap fill rates which are just a copy of your year-round rate and amend your gap fill Restriction Strategy.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Brian
cmartinpage

Thanks for the detailed reply.
I have since managed to simplify our rates, but I hadn't thought of using the Price Multiplier for different seasons. I 'll definitely have a play around with that.