Seasonal upsell items

flexappart

Hi,
We want to add upsell items varying upon the season. The purpose is to charge a mandatory water+energy cost whose amount differs through the year (i.e. 2.5€/day from May to September, and 5€/day from October to April, due to heating).
I thought we would be able to solve this by creating two separate upsell items (a "summer" one at 2.5€, and a "winter" one at 5€) and two separate rates:
- a "summer" rate valid from May to September, including the mandatory 2.5€ daily upsell item
- a "winter" rate valid from October to April, including the mandatory 5€ daily upsell item

But there is a problem when a booking spans over seasons (which happens often, as we rent apartments for long durations).
For instance when a booking is made from Sept 1st to Oct 15th, it will use the "summer" rate during the first 30 days then the "winter" rate during the last 15 days - so far, so good.
But we were then expecting beds24 would apply each rate's upsell items only on the days the rate is used (i.e. 30 x 2.5 + 15 x 5).
Instead, beds24 apply both upsell items to the full stay (45 x 2.5 + 45 x 5 €) making it wrong.
I'm wondering if someone encountered the same need and/or can think of a better way to address it.

Thanks,
Amaury
markkinchin
Site Admin

If the charge is mandatory anyway, you could just adjust the price of your rate up to include it and not bother with the upsell items.

It does sound like the upsell items (especially per day charges) would be more logical if they only applied to the days the rate is valid, I will investigate if this can be changed.
flexappart

Right we can add this charge to the basis price instead of an upsell as a workaround.
We would prefer an upsell though, to have it shown as a separate charge on the invoice, and to display a more attractive basis price.
Indeed I was expecting the daily upsells would only apply to the days the rate is used which seems logical - if that is not too difficult to change we would appreciate it when you have a chance. Otherwise we will live with the workaround,
Thanks !
Amaury
[email protected]

I haven't tried it to see if it works, but what about establishing the price for the upsell as a percentage instead of a fixed sum. This would be similar to the way you can add taxes to the price.
annettemorgenroth

When you go to SETTINGS->PROPERTIES->UPSELL ITEMS you will see that you can select "Percentages". When you click on HELP in the top right menu of this menu you will find detailed information on what each option does.