Does linking rooms turn off extra person/child charges

wbstephen

I've tried to consolidate the number of rates I have by having one standard rate and linking all rooms using per day offsets. I've used the most expensive room and then used a fixed -$A amount to reduce the base rate of each of the rooms.

It appears to be working, expect when I add extra adults/children the rate does not adjust according to the extra charges (even in the primary room to which the rate is attached).

When I had individual rates for every room the extra adults/children charges were applied correctly

Is this expected behaviour?

Regards
Stephen
annettemorgenroth

A "per day" offset will be applied on the total price per day. A "per person per day" offset will be applied on the adults but not on the children price.

The 'Price Check Tool' shows you which prices and rules apply for specific dates//selections. You can find links to the 'Price Check Tool' on the RATES, CALENDAR and SUPPORT pages.
wbstephen

Thanks Annette,

I am not using "per person per day" just the "per day" offset for the base rate. The base rate on all the linked rooms are adjusting correctly. However, no charges are being added for additional guests.

Is that a bug or expected behaviour with linked rooms?

Thanks
Stephen
annettemorgenroth

Sounds a bit strange. Can you send us a support ticket via the support link in the top left menu of the control panel so we can check your settings?
wbstephen

Hi Annette,

I have submitted a ticket, but there doesn't appear to be a way to upload images. I've figured out part of the problem, I need to limit the number of allowed guests to 2 in the rate setup.

However, extra person charges for 2 or more nights are not being calculated correctly. No matter how many extra people I add, only $50 is added to the base rate. A 1 night stay is working fine. See attached images.

Regards
Stephen
Attachments
2 nights incorrect
2 nights incorrect
2 nights incorrect.PNG (76.97 KiB) Viewed 3559 times
1 night correct charge
1 night correct charge
1 night correct.PNG (185.91 KiB) Viewed 3559 times
Rate setup
Rate setup
Standard rate setup.PNG (33.77 KiB) Viewed 3559 times
annettemorgenroth

We will look into this. When you sent us a ticket we normally do not need screenshots. We can see your settings and have tools to help you without screenshots.