Stop sell a single rate

wbstephen

Hi there,

We use multiple rates for our rooms (e.g. standard + discount). During some periods we close off the discount rate and only offer the standard rate. We also change the minimum stay on the standard rate during these times.

Another scenario we use this for is if we want to stop sell 3rd party channels but not our website.

Based on my investigation thus far, it appears it's only possible to stop sell at the room level? Not at the rate level?

Thanks
Stephen
annettemorgenroth

If you do not want a rate to apply you need to end it. You have the option to set different rates for your own booking page and OTAs. Have a look here: https://wiki.beds24.com/index.php?title ... g_Channels for more information.
wbstephen

Thanks Annette,

So there is no way to cause rooms to be blocked off on Expedia/Booking.com/etc but available on our website?

We generally try to secure direct bookings in advance, and only turn on the 3rd party channels closer to the day of arrival.

Regards
Stephen
annettemorgenroth

If you want to have different availability on your own web site and in your channels you can use virtual rooms: https://wiki.beds24.com/index.php?title ... ailability
wbstephen

Thanks Annette,

Much appreciated

Regards
Stephen
wbstephen

One last question on this one. The instructions indicate I must adjust the overbooking protection when hiding rooms, but are unclear exactly how. I have been using the Property Level overbooking protection for the standard rooms, which doesn't factor in hidden rooms. So I assume I use room level protection? And since this (virtual) room is dependent upon the actual room it can never be booked if the actual room is unavailable?