Offering a refundable and non-refundable rate

bonnesuite

Hi,

I would like to set up a refundable and non-refundable rate for each of my rooms, and allow my guests to chosse between them when they book a room. The only solution I have found so far is to create two room types for each room, which is not ideal. Any ideas how to do this?

Regards,
Chris
markkinchin
Site Admin

bonnesuite wrote:I would like to set up a refundable and non-refundable rate for each of my rooms, and allow my guests to chosse between them when they book a room. The only solution I have found so far is to create two room types for each room, which is not ideal. Any ideas how to do this?
As you mention, one way is to create a duplicate room with the special pricing and conditions. Bookings can be assigned to the other room automatically using the advanced room settings and each duplicate room can be made to be available only when the other room is available.

An alternative way to do this is to create an Extra Bookable Item. This can be for either a positive or negative amount so you can define it as an extra charge or a discount on the normal room price, whichever suits your strategy best.
i.e. You could offer a discount for a non refundable booking or a surcharge for a refundable booking. The option will be shown as a check box the guest can optionally select and the price will be calculated according to their selection.
The Extra bookable item can defined in various ways such as a fixed amount per booking or per day or as a percentage value of the total.