Room price for up to x Adults (instead up to x Person)

retopeter

Actually I can set a "Room Price for"

"Maximum Room Capacity"
Up to 1 People
Up to 2 People
Up to 3 People
... (depending on how much is my Room capacity)

But I need to have "Room Price for"
Up to 1 Adult
Up to 2 Adult
.... (depending on how much is my Adult capacity)

Why? Cause i have max. Room capacity, max. Childs, max. Adult Capacity
Childs are free of charge (but the capacity for it is not endless and i still want to see how many childs the user is booking)
Adults must pay (as ex. max. 4 Person, 2 Adults costs 100 USD, each Adult more cost 20 USD).
At the moment, if i want to realize that, then I have to forget the children in my Rates and instead make a description...

thanks for your comments in advance
Reto
markkinchin
Site Admin

One option to collect the number of children in your case is to set an Optional Extra in the booking rules.
You could call it "Child's Bed" or something similar and set it to type "Optional Quantity" with an amount of 0.00

This will show a quantity selector for the guest booking to select the number of children's beds they need with the booking, naturally you could also charge for the beds by making the amount value non zero.
retopeter

Im not understand that.
I have to make a new rate and can make this valid valid for all dates?
what about the total number of persons, does it affect it or not?
markkinchin
Site Admin

markkinchin wrote:One option to collect the number of children in your case is to set an Optional Extra in the booking rules.
You could call it "Child's Bed" or something similar and set it to type "Optional Quantity" with an amount of 0.00

This will show a quantity selector for the guest booking to select the number of children's beds they need with the booking, naturally you could also charge for the beds by making the amount value non zero.
What I mean is to have a rate for the Adults with whichever pricing structure you want and ask for the number of free childrens beds required by defining an Optional Extra Item called childrens bed with a zero price.
Optional extra items can be defined in the booking rules settings.