Offset price in Offer2 not changing

davidtrillo

I have a problem with trying to offer both a BB and a Half Board rate to a specific Room. As this is a Half Board option I do not wish to discount the Half Board offset value when having discount deals. Offset seem ideal but I cannot seem to get the offset to be shown properly on the booking page.

Firstly I have made a rate for a time period (1st May 2018 to October 2018) and set Offer 1 value to $123.95. This is our base rate for BB package.

This works fine and price is dispalyed on booking page correctly.

I then want to show a second offer which is the above rate (Offer1) with an offset of $24 asthe Half Board offer (Offer2)

I have opened the Offer 1 rate and saved copy as Half Board Rate, I then opened the Room tab and selected link to room rate and put offset of $24. I also set this to be Offer 2 and turned on Offer 2 with the name Half Board. The offset shows on the Rates list in the final column called offset but the room price is unchanged.

When I go to the booking page the Half Board offer is detailed without any offset and is the same value as the BB.

The aim of this excercise is to offer a Half Board choice on the booking page (and channels) that is ALWAYS $24 more than the (possibly) discounted Offer 1 price. Please advise how I can best do this.
lesleywoermeijer

Hello,

When you want to link the Rates with Offsets etc, on offers.

Create your Offers and then go to Rates, create your Primary Rate, and then in the Room Tab of the Rate, scroll down to ' Link to Offers' and from the drop down list, select the appropriate - 'Use' this one would be 'used with per day Offset' then enter the value in your example 24.

This will then create the 2nd Rate (linked) to the first the the increase of 24$

Have a look at the wiki page for Rates and the section on linking :- https://wiki.beds24.com/index.php/Category:Rates
davidtrillo

Thank you for the clarity of answer. as usual I was overthinking things.

My mistake was that having done all the things you have told me I was then tring to create a copy of the rate again.

Many thanks this is working fine now.
davidtrillo

I have implemented this on my rates however funtionality wise it does not give me what I need.

When I apply a price multiplier both the Base Rate and the Offset is reduced. Is there any way just apply the discount to the base room rate and not to the offset amount. The Half Board offset is a fixed cost to the business and whilst we may wish discount room rates if we discount the Half Board offset we will lose money.
markkinchin
Site Admin

If you want to be able to adjust the price on each date and have a fixed offset you could consider using daily prices, with a second one linked to the first one with a fixed offset.

That way you can adjust the price of the first one as you wish and the second one will maintain the offset. This way there is no need to use the multiplier (which messes up the fixed offsets) to create your discounts .