Double beds in dorm room

Availability and inventory control
montezuma

Hi,
I have 13 dorm beds in my hostel. Two of them are actually double beds.
I know that it would not be ok to sell a double bed as two dorm beds to random people. However, to still utilise the extra space I could ask couples if they would like to have a double bed.

So I was wondering if there is way to still include those two "extra" places in my bed list/calendar but only move people there after asking them if they would like a double bed.
Those two extra bed spaces would hence be a reserve and should not be bookable through any booking channel...
Thanks!
menachem

It may not be exactly what you're asking for, but I think you can do this with virtual rooms and dependencies.

Create one room type with 2 double beds. Create a second room type with 11 single beds. Then create two virtual beds in the second room that are dependent on the beds in the first room being available. These will show up as two single beds in the second room.

Then you can have people choose the double bed when making the reservation if they want the double bed. Otherwise people will just choose it as a single bed, not knowing it is really a double bed.
annettemorgenroth

You could set the "Inventory" in the CALENDAR to 11. In this case you would only sell 11 beds on your web site and send 11 beds to the channels. If you have a booking for a double bed you could raise the inventory by one.
montezuma

Thanks Annette,
in the CALENDAR I can only manually change the inventory of each day. Can I do this in bulk as a general setting (having 13 beds but only 11 available on the websites)?
annettemorgenroth

You can make a bulk change using the "Date Range" setting in the pop up.