Bookings in dorms

Availability and inventory control
spanishatlocations

I've set up my dorm as follows:

Now to have overbooking protection working as it should, I need to make a reservation by splitting the reservation. Does this automatically happen on Booking.com etc. as well.
Because otherwise I can get situations like:
lesleyrobertson

To setup a Dorm, you need to setup each dorm individually, look at the documentation :- https://wiki.beds24.com/index.php?title ... reat_Setup, the 'Quantity of this type' is used for the number of Beds, not he number of rooms.
spanishatlocations

I don't think that the 2 rooms in one is the problem. I have the same problem with this dorm room (that has the same settings as shown above).
It's the booking itself that places multiple people in one bed (as you can see in the picture below, one booking with 2 people are placed in one bed, the other 3 people placed in one bed) even though unit allocation is set on one per guest.
It does work alright when you create the booking by continue and split booking, but that I would like to know if Booking.com and other websites will do this automatically.
annettemorgenroth

Dorms can only be set individually. What you have set up is one dorm for 8 guests.

If you manually add a booking you will need to allocate beds as explained here: https://wiki.beds24.com/index.php?title ... e_bookings

For online bookings the system will do this automatically.

You see a negative inventory because you have 11 bookings than you have only 8 beds. From the screenshot I can not see where the bookings originate from but I assume you have added them manually overriding the warning that you do not have enough space to accommodate all guests.
spanishatlocations

Thanks all for the help. I understand now, and am happy to know the allocation is automatically through other websites.
spanishatlocations

Checked and tried all kind of different settings, but with these dorms I don't get a warning message, only with the normal rooms.
What settings do I need to protect this manual booking for overbooking protection.
Settings in dorms are as shown in first picture.
annettemorgenroth

You will see the warning when you add a booking but not when you split it. We will look into improving our error messaging.
spanishatlocations

Thank you Annette, then at least I know I didn't made a mistake.