Is it possible to have an old style of calendar?

Availability and inventory control
alfreds

Hi,

We saw that you just now changed the style of the calendar. Is it still possible to set back to the old style of calendar? After the calendar update, it shows half a day on both the check-in and check-out days. Also the "lines" with bookings are narrower than before and it makes it more difficult to see "empty gaps" clearly with the overview. It makes it difficult to realize fast how many days the gaps represent. It looks very confusing for us. It would be really nice to be able to switch back to seeing "whole days" instead of "half days" and still see all the units names.

Thank you!
seamist

I'm all for on/off switches for anything but I just want to say I'm really liking the new design,

Hopefully if you guys are just testing the waters with it initially, that if you are rolling it back you give the option to turn it on/off.

I'd like to keep it

EDIT: you can change it by going to Settings > Account > Preferences
olifbetws1

I agree with Alfreds. Unfortunately, in the new version, the calendar columns are variable widths, seemingly based on the length of names. In addition, if you have someone in every day of the week apart from one day, you only see half of a gap clear e.g. you have people in a room on Monday and Wednesday. The Monday booking takes the whole Monday slot plus half the Tuesday slot and the Wednesday booking takes all of the Wednesday slot - so you only have half of a slot for Tuesday. Not so bad if you have a full week of bookings - you can see the slot (although not as clearly), but if you have a day here and a day there, you can no longer see a clear slot on different days. I do like the idea that this is being done to enable dragging and dropping of rooms, as it can be a bit cumbersome to go into a booking and change things, as the booking always defaults to that day. It would also be great if it was possible to add a booking into a calendar slot to stop having to manually change the date. And it would be even better if the columns on the left hand side of the calendar would stay put when you scroll a few months away!
markkinchin
Site Admin

There is a selector to choose the style of calendar layout. All three original options are still available plus the two new ones.

Settings > Account > Preferences > "Calendar Style" = the three options without "split days" are the original three views.

The advantage of the new split days view is that departures are visible in the calendar on the day of check-out. We have had many requests for this but everyone is free to use the view they prefer.
markkinchin
Site Admin

olifbetws1 wrote:Unfortunately, in the new version, the calendar columns are variable widths, seemingly based on the length of names. In addition, if you have someone in every day of the week apart from one day, you only see half of a gap clear e.g. you have people in a room on Monday and Wednesday. The Monday booking takes the whole Monday slot plus half the Tuesday slot and the Wednesday booking takes all of the Wednesday slot - so you only have half of a slot for Tuesday.
If anyone is having issues with the column widths in the calendar please start a support ticket and send us a screen shot of what you are seeing.
markkinchin
Site Admin

olifbetws1 wrote:It would also be great if it was possible to add a booking into a calendar slot to stop having to manually change the date.
There is a little suitcase icon on every date and every room type on the inventory row. Click this to add a booking directly to the specific room type and date.