Booking through direct link

Availability and inventory control
hessel

Hi you all!

I sell hostel beds, but for a specific date I would like my beds to be "invisible" and therefore unbookable on the calender, whilst I want to send others a direct secret link to book the capacity that day.

Is this possible? Or is there a smart workaround to do this? Appreciate any feedback.
markkinchin
Site Admin

Hi

You could do it by creating a second property and using it for the secret booking links.
You can set the rooms in the second property to assign all bookings into your first property so they are all in the same place.

To block bookings from your public site set the required dates to blackout in the first property but leave them available with the remaining inventory in the second property. You may need to adjust the inventory remaining to sell so you don't overbook.

You can also optionally create a voucher code for the second property and set it to be compulsory for a booking to proceed. This way only people that have both the link and the voucher code can book.
hessel

Dear Mark,

thank you for the reply. Where do I find the direct booking link to the second property that is a "hidden room" on the normal booking page?

So just to recapitulate, I have a sports competition on a certain date and I want only competitors to be able to book. What I think would be easiest in this case, is a compulsory vouchercode that can be activated for only those dates. But vouchercodes seem fixed to rates and can not be assigned to specific dates, is that correct? Could this be a feature for the future?
annettemorgenroth

If you set a discount code to be "compulsory" it must be entered. Guest who do not have the code will not be able to complete the booking. Is this what you are looking for?
hessel

Hi Annette,

I am looking for a simple way to keep let only competitors book.

If I set up a separate room as Mark proposed, I don't want this room to show up in the normal booking calendar. Where then do I find a direct link to book this "hidden" room?

Alternatively, I would want to sell the regular room on the public booking calendar, but I want this compulsory voucher code to only be compulsory on the day of the event and not valid on other days.
annettemorgenroth

If you want to hide a room from your booking page go to SETTINGS->PROPERTIES->ROOMS->SETUP and set "Sell Priorty" = hide room

Have a look here:https://wiki.beds24.com/index.php?title ... idual_Room for instructions how to create a booking page or link for an individual room. This will also work for rooms which are hidden from your normal booking page.

Alternatively you can use compulsory voucher codes.
hessel

Thanks Annette,

that worked great with the direct link.