Limit Inventory on booking engine

Availability and inventory control
wvs_2003

Hi All,

I was wondering if it is possible to limit the inventory available for guests on booking engine while not affecting the inventory warning when employees manually book reservations?

For example, I have total of 10 quantity of one room type and I limit 7 quantities to be available on the booking engine (e.g. beds24.com/book-hotel-name). There is already 7 reservations made for one evening and my employee tries to book reservation, and then receives the warning message "The Room is not available". Of course, the employee may continue making the reservation because they know there is 3 rooms available.
However, I would like to not have this warning message during manual booking when I limit quantity on booking engine and the total reservations are at the limit quantity.

Thanks,
annettemorgenroth

Why do you want to limit the availability for direct online bookings?

The channel manager will keep your inventory up to date across all sales channels so you do not need to worry about overbooking.
wvs_2003

I limit inventory for booking engine to prevent overbooking between booking engine and employee manually making reservation.

I am overly cautious and have concerns of overbooking, such as a customer is booking on booking engine simultaneously an employee is inputting reservation, which has not been submitted to beds24 database.
lesleywoermeijer

We do not have an option to limit the inventory for the Beds24 booking page, however you can setup Virtual rooms and dependencies and update the inventory using the instructions in this wiki page https://wiki.beds24.com/index.php/Auto_Top_up_rooms