Occupancy rate based on physical room, not on room id

Availability and inventory control
[email protected]

Hello experts,

We've been trying to have the right occupancy rate based on physical rooms, not on room Id.

Let's say we're selling a room with 6 beds as dorm and as a private room at the same time using dependency function.
Even if all the 6 dorm beds are sold out, to my understanding, Beds24 report only tells that the occupancy rate for the day is 50%, as the private room wasn't occupied. However we'd like it to be like 100%.

Is there any way to have "physically correct" occupancy rate for the rooms with dependency?

Thanks!
annettemorgenroth

To achieve this set the private room to be not included in reporting. The setting is in SETTINGS-PROPERTIES -ROOMS-SETUP.
[email protected]

Hi annettemorgenroth,

Thank you for your reply but that solution is not enough in this case.
I'd like to basically include the both in the report, excluding the one when another is occupied.
i.g. when 3 dorms are occupied the occupancy rate should be 50%, when the private room sold it should be 100%.

Is there any way to achieve this? Tweaking API is fine for me :)
annettemorgenroth

The normal procedure would be to plase all bookings into one room and exclude the other one from reporting because it does not have any bookings.
[email protected]

Hi annettemorgenroth,

Do you mean that what if I create report from scratch using API?
Or, is there any functionality to customize the default report?
annettemorgenroth

Then only option we can see is tht you exclude the private room from the reports. You can set this in SETTINGS->PROPERTIES->ROOMS->SETUP.

When dorm is sold as private room put a booking for every bed in the dorm.