PAYMENT BY CREDIT CARD VIA STRIPE

Topics related to bookings and guest managment
bobwright47

I would like to start offering customers the facility to pay their deposit and secure a confirmed status during the booking process. I have signed up to Stripe and the account is connected. I have trawled help pages and videos to find a step by step process on how to set it up so as soon as the client is ready to commit they go to a booking page with payment built in but there seems to be nothing available.

Please can someone point me in the right direction.
annettemorgenroth

With Stripe you have these options:

1. Collect a payment directly with the booking.
To do this you need to set "Booking Type" to either the Deposit Collection 1 or Deposit Collection 2in SETTINGS->PROPERTIES->BOOKING RULES

2. Send a card number from the "Charges and Payments" tab of the booking to Stripe.

3. Charge a card from the "Charges and Payments" tab of the bookings.
To do so the card needs to be registered with Stripe first. This is the case if you have previously collected a deposit (1.) or sent the card to Stripe (2.)

4. Send a payment request to the guest.
You do this with an Auto Action which you set up in SETTINGS-GUEST MANAGEMENT-AUTO ACTIONS.

For more information on how to set up payment collection have a look here: https://wiki.beds24.com/index.php/Categ ... Collection

This help page: https://wiki.beds24.com/index.php/Stripe explains how to use Stripe.
bobwright47

Thanks for the help.

I've now got to the point where the card details can be entered. My wife has tried a test booking and the Stripe credit card input window appears. When details get sent response is "There is an error".

Taken it up with Stripe and they've referred me back to you as they can't see any of the events at their end. The Stripe link is activated and they can receive test data.
annettemorgenroth

Are you still in test mode with Stripe? Try setting it to live mode. If this does fix the problem please send us a support ticket via the SUPPORT button in the control panel so we can check your settings.