Upsell items

Topics related to bookings and guest managment
sistachrentals

Hi, I have a requests regarding the upsell items, just something to consider in case other people need it too.

- Top or Max. amount: In Spain, tourist tax is only paid for the first 7 nights. In order to show the price correctly, I now have to split all rates into 2 and add one for channels. For example:

Rate A for minimum 4 nights and max. 6 nights - upsell item paid daily 1€ per night per adult
Rate B for minimum 7 nights and max. 365 nights - upsell item paid one time 7€ per week per adult
Rate C for minimum 4 nights and max. 365 nights - for channels

It is a good workaround but it would be much easier to have a possibility to add an upsell item paid for max. 7 nights, than to have to create triple rates for each period.

*Adding these 2 types of upsell items for tourist tax means that both are exported to homeaway, so when someone books their tourist tax is calculated twice.

Just thought I'd write it down here, in case there is a chance to add this top/max amount for an upsell item.
annettemorgenroth

Adding a number of nights selector to the upsell items.

If an upsell item is compulsory is compulsory it is sent to the channels.

The workaround would be to set up one rate or daily price with a max of seven nights and a daily 1€ per night per adult upsell.
sistachrentals

Hi Annette, thanks for your reply. I don't understand "Adding a number of nights selector to the upsell items. "
Does it mean that you'll add the (max) number of nights selector to the upsell items? :)
annettemorgenroth

Sorry this is what I meant. We can not specify for how many how many nights max an upsell item applies.