Problem with auto-confirmed no-deposit settings

Topics related to bookings and guest managment
ruedesquarts

Hello,
I'm new, and having trouble finding where all the settings are and what exactly they do.
I am at the testing stage of implementing the system.
I have set my booking type, under booking rules, to "auto-confirmed, no deposit", and I have set my offers to booking type = default.
When I submit a booking from my booking page, the request form is displayed, but nowhere - as far as I can see - have I left anything set to "request".
I'm lost.
Can you help?
Regards John.
markkinchin
Site Admin

The booking type can also be set in your individual Rates and Offers, check what they are set to at the following menus.

Settings > Properties > Offers > Booking Type

Open a rate > Summary > Booking Type
ruedesquarts

Hi,
Thank you for your response.
I have checked the settings that you mention, and they are all set to use the default property setting, which is auto-confirmed, no deposit.
Nevertheless, my test bookings never reach that status; they are not auto confirmed, no email confirmation is sent and the booking does not appear in the dashboard or anywhere else.
I am expecting to see the guest details page when the user hits 'Book' on the booking page, but I see the enquiry form instead. Even if I complete and submit the form, no request status reservation appears; all that happens is that I receive and email on my business account that informs me that an enquiry has been made.
It is inevitable that I will need to use the 'request' booking status, appropriately blocked off in the calendars etc, when I actually go live, but at the moment I am simply trying to get the auto-confirmed method to work.
I feel I am missing something rather obvious, but I can't see what I'm doing wrong.
Hope you can advise,
Thank you in advance
John.
markkinchin
Site Admin

Best to start a support ticket so the team can check your settings