How to send a Link to collect credit for phone booking

Topics related to bookings and guest managment
[email protected]

A guest booked directly a room by phone but he does not want to provide a credit card number over the phone. Is there a way to send him a link in order to put in the credit card number directly to beds24?
annettemorgenroth

We have just released a new function in beta testing which will allow you to use an Auto Action to do this. The guest will then be able to submit the credit card details on a secure form.

You are welcome to test. This help page: https://wiki.beds24.com/index.php/Categ ... rd_Details
explains how to set this up.

If you see any problem please let us know.
[email protected]

This is good news!

I did a test before sending it to my customer.

1) on the credit card page, the link to the booking detail is not working
2) I was able to enter my credit card details and they are sent to Stripe
3) on my booking page in beds24, the make payment using stripe button is not working

Just to be clear, when a customer issued the credit card detail on the form it doesn't charge the credit card, I still have to do it myself?

Other than those small issue, it is working for me and it is what I was looking for.

thanks.

Arnaud.
annettemorgenroth

Hello Arnaud,

Good to hear! This function will only collect credit card details but not charge the card. If you use Stripe you can set to automatically send the card to Stripe. In this case you will be able to charge the card from within the booking.

1) Should be fixed now.

3) This is not related to the card collection function. Please double check your payment collection is set up correctly. If you can not find the problem please send us a support ticket via the SUPPORT button in the control panel so we can check your settings.