Need Help to activate Auto Actions

Topics related to bookings and guest managment
f-plus

I tried to make some auto actions but they don't work.
Not confident in English but will try to explain the situation.

First, I tried to make a simple immediate reply when a booking is completed.
Here are what I change in setting:
Trigger Action = Auto

Trigger Tab :
1. Trigger Event = after booking
2. Trigger Time = Immediately
3. Trigger Window = 1 day
4. Booking Source = All

Email Tab:
1. Send email = Guest and CC:email address
2. Email address = (my own email)
some words in English and Email Text column

Booking Tab:
1. Execution = One time only

When a booking came. I found out that the auto-action is not working.
I tried to test the auto action and what it said was the mail address is not valid.
I tried to change the email address to different ones and test them again, but is still not valid.

Any suggestions? Thank you
markkinchin
Site Admin

Do you have your account setup to send email via your own email server?

See Settings > Account > Outgoing Email

Auto action emails will only send via your email server.

Otherwise, they will only send when there is a valid email address to send to.
f-plus

Tried to go to Outgoing Email and my own email server is already setup.
Click the Send Test Email and this is what's written

Failed to send email via outlook.com.
Server replied authentication failure [SMTP: Invalid response code received from server (code: 535, response: 5.7.3 Authentication unsuccessful [DM5PR12CA0053.namprd12.prod.outlook.com])]
f-plus

Can I have somebody to check where did I make the mistake?
annettemorgenroth

The system automatically sends a confirmation message for bookings from your own web site but not for manually added bookings and bookings from channels which send their own confirmation (almost all channels) and do not require Beds24 to send an additional one (for example Tripadvisor).

You can customise this message when you go to SETTINGS-PROPERTIES-CONFIRMATION MESSAGES. You will find detailed instructions when you click on HELP in the top right menu of this page.

If you also want to automatically send a message to bookings from channels you can set your Auto Action Email up to trigger only for bookings from channels.

Auto Actions can only send if your outgoing Email works. The error message you see tells you that your Email system requires authentication. If you do not know what kind of authentication your Email system requires to allow Beds24 to send Email from your account please check with your Email provider.

This help page: https://wiki.beds24.com/index.php/Category:Messaging
explains how the messaging works.
f-plus

I look it up and found this

Outlook.com SMTP server address: smtp-mail.outlook.com
Outlook.com SMTP user name: Your full Outlook.com email address (not an alias)
Outlook.com SMTP password: Your Outlook.com password
Outlook.com SMTP port: 587 (you can use port 25 as an alternative)
Outlook.com SMTP TLS/SSL encryption required: yes

tried to change all the settings according to this in Outgoing Mail and Test Send Mail again.
But it's failed and here is what it's said.

Failed to send email via smtp-mail.outlook.com.
Server replied authentication failure [SMTP: Invalid response code received from server (code: 535, response: 5.0.0 Authentication Failed)]
f-plus

What do you mean by 'please check with your Email provider.' ? To call the Email Server and have support from them?

Also I tried to check the CONFIRMATION MESSAGES section, but understand nothing from there.
There are channels that won't help me with automatic messages. And all I want is only to make the automatic messages also available for the coming bookings from those channels.
I hope with Auto Action I can fix that. Can get help? Thank you
markkinchin
Site Admin

f-plus wrote: Failed to send email via smtp-mail.outlook.com.
Server replied authentication failure [SMTP: Invalid response code received from server (code: 535, response: 5.0.0 Authentication Failed)]
This means your mail server did not accept the information you have entered into Beds24 and would not send your mail.

Sometimes mail servers will block external systems like beds24 from sending mail on your behalf, if this is the case you will need to follow their instructions to enable.

It could also be that your email username or password or other data is not correct.
tolga123

Hello,

I have a similar problem, but in my case Beds24 says this:

Failed to send email via smtp.1und1.de.
Server replied Failed to connect to ssl://smtp.1und1.de:25 [SMTP: Failed to connect socket: fsockopen(): unable to connect to ssl://smtp.1und1.de:25 (Unknown error) (code: -1, response: )]

I just dont't use Outlook i use Thunderbird. Is this a problem?

My Username/Password is correct but something strange happens everytime i type my password in.

I type my Password in.
I click save and i see my password is saved.
when i refresh the page or go to another page then back to OUTGOING EMAIL the PASSWORD field is empty.
So it doesnt save Password?

You said i have to follow the instructions of the Mailserver ( in your last posting). i just called my Mailserver and even them couldn't help me.

Can u tell me what to search for? what to type in google? i already tried "external sxstem sending email" but No bueno.

Greetings
Tolga
markkinchin
Site Admin

The password is saved but not visible to see.
You will need to enter the same values you have entered into Thunderbird.
That will be at least the SMTP server URL, the port number, your email username and password.