Cancel Booking if Deposit not Paid

Topics related to bookings and guest managment
markkinchin
Site Admin

There is a new option for Deposit collection via paypal.
In PROPERTY >> BOOKING RULES you can set "Non Payment Action" to either "On Request" or "Cancel".
This sets the initial status of all bookings requiring a deposit payment.
The main difference is "On Request" will block the room and "Cancel" will not.
The information entered by the guest is stored in both cases and you can change the booking status manually at any time to release or block the room.
As soon as the deposit is paid via Paypal the status will automatically change to "New - Confirmed" and block the room.

It is important that your paypal account IPN notifications are turned on and set to http://www.beds24.com/paypal.php.
If you need help with this refer to the Paypal help system for your particular account.
If the Paypal IPN notification is not correct Beds24 will not be notified of the payment and the booking status will not be updated after a payment.
amberbb

markkinchin wrote:....new option for Deposit collection via paypal.
In PROPERTY >> BOOKING RULES you can set "Non Payment Action" to either "On Request" or "Cancel".
That seems a really useful labour-saving enhancement for those that take deposits via PayPal (we don't).
Amber House Limited trading as AMBER HOUSE - at the centre!™
Mobile: +64 21 202 4961
Phone: +64 3 539 0605
Fax: +44 70 05 96 34 37
http://www.AmberHouse.co.nz
Amber House, 46 Weka Street, Nelson 7010, New Zealand
julaweg

I wonder if this option can be used and how, if reservation is not made through reservation system, but registered in the system by us. So far I'm going to PayPal account and request payment through PayPal then if deposit is paid I have to register this in Beds24 system. Never know if was paid or not, or if request was send or not. It will be very helpful if all could go through system at once.
annedawn

Beds24 does not connect to your Paypal account. Therefore information on manual payments can be entered manually. Either in "Invoice" or as a note.
rwinfield7

Hi. This is my first post here on the forum, I know this is a very old post and I can't find anything relevant using the search facility.

Firstly we use 'Stripe' not paypal, I want to use Auto Action to to cancel the booking when the guest fails to pay the deposit within the required time thereby releasing the dates currently blocked out by the pending booking.
The "Settings/ Properties/ Booking Rules" looks different on my Beds24 page to start with.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Roger
lesleywoermeijer

Hi Roger,

You can create an auto action to automatically cancel the booking when payment is not made.

Go to Settings > Guest Management > Auto Actions and click HELP (top right menu) for instructions and examples.

You can use the details below for your auto action

Trigger tab

Trigger Event = After Booking
Trigger Time = 3 days (set the days based on your rules)
Booking Status = All not cancelled
Invoice Balance = No Payment Made

Booking tab:

Execution = One time only
Booking Status = Cancelled
rwinfield7

Thanks Leslie, that worked for me.