Grouping Bookings but not Charges

Topics related to bookings and guest managment
buckinghamhouse

Is there a way to link bookings together to identify that the bookings are in the same group but not have the two charges total on one master booking?

For example, I have two couples that always come together but each pay their own invoice. However, I would like to identify that these two bookings are joined together as a group.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
lesleywoermeijer

Hello,

You can 'Link' the two bookings into a GROUP booking. Open the first booking, go to the Invoice Tab and at the bottom of the page you can select the Booking Id you want to 'Group', this will join the charges together too, however what you can do is just before you are going to 'Invoice' the Guest you can 'unlink' (Group Invoice Tab) the bookings, this will split the bookings again!

If you need to add additional Charges to the individual bookings, you can do that from the Charges & Payments Tab of the booking, and they will only be visible on the individual booking, not both or split.
buckinghamhouse

Thanks, I am aware of how to link two bookings and unlink but I don't want to have to link and unlink groups again and again. I just wondered if someone has used another feature to "virtually" link or use another field or similar to attach groups together without attaching the financials.
markkinchin
Site Admin

You could use the Invoicee function at Settings > Guest Management > Invoicees

Create two invoicees and assign the invoice items on each booking to a different invoicee, this will allow you to print a separate invoice for each.