Multiproperty invoice numbering

Topics related to bookings and guest managment
cerbu17

Hi,
I am setting up Beds24 for a multi-property (3 units) based in Rome and I encounter the following problem: the automate consecutive invoice numbering! Each property is part of the same umbrella but at the same time are separate financially as required by the law, so I can not issue Invoice 1 as Hotel 1 and Invoice 2 as Hotel 2, Hotel 2 also has to have its own separate automatic numbering. Can you help me set up the following scenario: Hotel 1 - Invoice 1, followed by next number 2; Hotel 2 - Invoice 10, followed by next number 11 and Hotel 3 - Invoice 20 followed by next number 21.
I would also need to issue another document which is the Receipt for all 3 properties, following the same numbering need.
Please, I would really appreciate your help, as this would mean the world to us.

Cheers,
Anca Cerbu
markkinchin
Site Admin

The invoice numbers are allocated per account.
You could create a sub account for each property and move them there. That way each property would have it's own consecutive set of invoice numbers.

For management purposes you can have a master account which can access all the properties. There are menus in the sub account settings which allow making properties from one account visible in other accounts.
cerbu17

Hi,

thank you very much, I have tried your solution and it works. So far so good.
If I'll encounter other glitches I'll be sure to let you know.

Now, for my second question: I need for each property 2 financial documents: receipt and invoice, both separately and consecutively numbered. I already created the templates, but when I go in the booking I only see assign invoice number not 2 options: assign invoice number and assign template nr 2 number. How can I set this up?

Thank you again,
Anca
markkinchin
Site Admin

What is the difference between the receipt and the invoice and do they need different numbers?
cerbu17

Hi,

In Italy there are several types of financial documents that a hotel can issue to its clients. I work for several hotels that use several PMS, and I took for granted that all PMS have this option: several documents each with its own independent consecutive numbering.
1 ricevuta fiscale = a receipt, generic documents, it is not compulsory to write many details about the client / company or the stay, (a 30 room hotel usually issues 10 a day)
2 fattura fiscale = invoice, compulsory insertion of the VAT number or the client / company, details like address, all details about the stay, (a 30 room hotel usually issues an average of 4 a week / month)
payment for both is accepted in cash, credit or bank transfer
3 nota di credito = I don't know the exact translation, storno? I would give you this if sometime after having handed you an invoice, we realize that the amount on the invoice is wrong, so we sort of cancel the invoice with the nota di credito. I do not need this one for now.

I know that the fattura fiscale are very few during the year, but since legally fattura is more important than ricevuta, I can not rely on the reception to keep track of the numbering. So I would like to have the options Assign Invoice Number (=Assign ricevuta number in my case) and Assign Template 2 number (=Assign fattura number in my case) in the payment part of a booking.

Thank you so much!
Best regards,
Anca Cerbu
markkinchin
Site Admin

You could create a special invoicee for the "fattura fiscale" and assign those invoices to that invoicee.

Settings > Guest Management > Invoicees

This would allow you to use a different template for the invoice and separate them in the reports.

If you really need to have a second set of different invoice numbers, the only way I can think of is to create a ghost property in a sub account with it's own invoicing settings and transfer the booking or a copy of the booking and invoice it there.
cerbu17

Hi,

I really appreciate your fast replies and willingness to help us, but the solutions do not work, so I really hope you will take them into consideration for your future developments as I am sure this is not only the case for our property or for Italy.

The Invoicees does not work because the numbering is not independent of the Invoicing, it is consecutive so it's not legal in Italy, as our (as most) company needs to present at the end of the year the Ricevute fiscali (=Receipts) 1 to 3560 / 2017 and Fatture fiscali (=Invoices) 1 to 60/ 2017.

So I really hope you will develop the Invoice part of a booking to resemble the Summary part where you have 3 template options.

As for the Ghost property, I highly doubt it will make things easier and less complicated for our receptionists, so I do not consider it a viable option.

Please guide me on how to suggest the above improvement to your development team.

Best regards,
Anca Cerbu
markkinchin
Site Admin

cerbu17 wrote:
So I really hope you will develop the Invoice part of a booking to resemble the Summary part where you have 3 template options.
I am not exactly sure what you mean by this, do you mean being able to select which one of the 3 Invoice Templates to use when you print the invoice?

Settings > Guest Management > Invoicing > Invoice Template 1
Settings > Guest Management > Invoicing > Invoice Template 2
Settings > Guest Management > Invoicing > Invoice Template 3
cerbu17

Hi,

yes exactly like that. they just need each to be connected to a different numbering.

booking - assign invoice number - print invoice (for example next number is 3)
same booking - assign invoice template 1 number - print invoice template 1 (for example next number is 2)
same booking - assign invoice template 2 number - print invoice template 2 (for example next number is 10)

each January 1st at 00:00 the numbering goes back to 1
markkinchin
Site Admin

The system has provision for one invoice numbering sequence per account.
You would need to manage the additional numbers yourself, you could use an internal custom question on the bookings for this, enter the number manually and show this on the invoice with a template menu.

I do not see any way to automatically generate the additional sequence numbers.