Invoicing

Topics related to bookings and guest managment
cmartinpage

I'm interested in the new invoicing feature.
Would it be possible to also allow the option to assign payments to a separate invoicee?
markkinchin
Site Admin

Yes it is, once a charge has been assigned to an Invoicee, payments can also be assigned to them.

Each booking can have multiple invoicee's
cmartinpage

In order to create an invoice for a payment that is separate from the initial charge, I first have to create an additional charge assigned to a new invoicee. I can then generate a separate invoice.
Would it be possible to have the option to assign a payment to an invoicee in the same way that you can assign a new charge to an invoicee?
markkinchin
Site Admin

We designed the system with the assumption that there would always be at least one charge to the invoicee for a payment.

Do you have a usage example where you need to enter a payment from an invoicee before you assign any charge to them?
cmartinpage

Yes.
We charge a 20% deposit on booking with the balance due on departure.
Our accountant requires us to issue an invoice for the deposit at the time that we receive it, so we always have at least 2 invoices for every booking.
markkinchin
Site Admin

You can create 2 invoices for a booking by splitting the room charge into 2 charges, one for the deposit and one for the balance and assigning one of the parts to an invoicee.
You could probably use one general invoicee for all deposit payments.
cmartinpage

Maybe I am misunderstanding how it works, but then I would have to do a manual calculation each time to change the original charge that is automatically generated to an amount less the 20% and then add the second line as the deposit.
markkinchin
Site Admin

Yes that is right, to create 2 invoices, there needs to be 2 charges
cmartinpage

so would it then be possible to offer the option to assign a payment to an invoicee?
markkinchin
Site Admin

If there is a charge assigned to an invoicee, you can also enter payments for the invoicee.